Pioneer woman mashed potatoes

I made for Christmas Eve last year to go with the prime rib. They were delicious. They are pretty decadent, so I reserve them for a special occasion.

And TEN pounds of potatoes. That would make an enormous quantity of mashed potatoes (recipe calls for TWO of those large glass baking dishes). I wouldn't use ANY shallots in a mashed potato recipe, think it would give you an odd onion flavor. Usually even with a large crowd, everyone is not going to eat a full serving of every side dish.

Even if you cut that recipe in 1/2, still seems like WAY too much cream cheese/butter/whipping cream. I would scale those down even more.

The other recipe posted above is from her website and minus the shallots just seems like the other recipe cut in 1/2 (i.e. 5 lb potatoes vs. 10 lb)

Pioneer Woman for those who don't watch Food Network, is one of their chefs. Her show originates from the cattle ranch they own. She apparently parleyed her online blog into becoming one of their regulars. I think part of her TV persona is manufactured to give her that folksy/down-home appearance. Read some articles where she had originally hired a PR firm as a way to get the Food Network interested in her.

Who knew you needed a recipe for this? I know that sounds so incredibly snarky 🤭- sorry 😁, but I am honestly surprised.

At Thanksgiving and Christmas I do a similar mashed potatoes & just do it to taste.

One suggestion if anyone wants to do it to taste, leave out approximately the equivalent of one or two potatoes in case you over-shoot (hence why recipes are good! 🤩)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Enjoy your holiday & loved ones.

The PW recipe is the only way I make mashed potatoes and we love them. I do not prep the day ahead and reheat in the oven.

I made mashed potatoes with cream cheese once. It was a recipe that you could make ahead of time and then bake. My family didn't like it. They preferred "normal" mashed potatoes. The cream cheese changed the flavor and it didn't pair well with gravy. But if you want to try them then I would do a trial run on a different day. :)
"Normal" mashed potatoes in my house have always had cream cheese 😂 I'm making some tonight to go with meatloaf. Cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, Worcestershire...all the standards.

Now I'm wondering if this is abnormal 🤔😂

Who knew you needed a recipe for this? I know that sounds so incredibly snarky 🤭- sorry 😁, but I am honestly surprised.

At Thanksgiving and Christmas I do a similar mashed potatoes & just do it to taste.

One suggestion if anyone wants to do it to taste, leave out approximately the equivalent of one or two potatoes in case you over-shoot (hence why recipes are good! 🤩)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Enjoy your holiday & loved ones.
We all had to start somewhere and OP deserves a high five for starting early 👍🏾
The stories I could tell about holiday cooking mishaps are legendary 😜

"Normal" mashed potatoes in my house have always had cream cheese 😂 I'm making some tonight to go with meatloaf. Cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, Worcestershire...all the standards.

Now I'm wondering if this is abnormal 🤔😂
Cream cheese and sour cream are my main ingredients + lots of garlic.
Adding worcestershire sounds like a great addition too. I’m going to give that a try. :)

And TEN pounds of potatoes. That would make an enormous quantity of mashed potatoes (recipe calls for TWO of those large glass baking dishes). I wouldn't use ANY shallots in a mashed potato recipe, think it would give you an odd onion flavor. Usually even with a large crowd, everyone is not going to eat a full serving of every side dish.

Even if you cut that recipe in 1/2, still seems like WAY too much cream cheese/butter/whipping cream. I would scale those down even more.

The other recipe posted above is from her website and minus the shallots just seems like the other recipe cut in 1/2 (i.e. 5 lb potatoes vs. 10 lb)

Pioneer Woman for those who don't watch Food Network, is one of their chefs. Her show originates from the cattle ranch they own. She apparently parleyed her online blog into becoming one of their regulars. I think part of her TV persona is manufactured to give her that folksy/down-home appearance. Read some articles where she had originally hired a PR firm as a way to get the Food Network interested in her.
I'll second that thought on her "persona" ...

Just getting any feedback on any body who has made the pioneer woman's mashed potatoes. Just curious if they come out too rich with all the butter and cream cheese. I was thinking of doing it for Thanksgiving this year but I don't know if it's one of those recipes to try out on a major holiday any thoughts
I made this recipe last year. Made them the day before Thanksgiving and reheated on the day. They were amazing! Making them again this year.

We don’t make fancy mashed potatoes for thanksgiving. In fact, we just use the instant ones. We are more inclined to make real mashed potatoes, with added ingredients, when they won’t have so much competition on the dining table and when they won’t be covered in gravy. Thanksgiving is the only meal all year where we have gravy.

I haven’t tried the PW recipe, but we often make cream cheese mashed potatoes or cheddar garlic mashed potatoes for New Year’s dinner to go with ham or pork chops.

Years ago we had dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot. I loved the mashed potatoes and looked for the recipe online. It seems similar. Around 2-3 lbs of potatoes with 1 stick of butter and 1 block of cream cheese. Milk to get the consistency u want. They were delicious.

I think you will like this lady. She has me cracking up. She uses both seasonings, Salt and Pepper.
Bet she doesn’t confuse the issue by using white pepper either cuz you
gotta know your audience.
Thank you for starting my day off with a guffaw!

I’m renowned in my circle for NOT posting on Facebook but the TikTok vid you posted is sooo worthy I’m going to try reposting it 😎

Bet she doesn’t confuse the issue by using white pepper either cuz you
gotta know your audience.
Thank you for starting my day off with a guffaw!

I’m renowned in my circle for NOT posting on Facebook but the TikTok vid you posted is sooo worthy I’m going to try reposting it 😎
The funniest part for me was watching with no sound. Hilarious! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter