Pirate cruise food?

magicplace4me

Mouseketeer
I am planning on booking my kids on a pirate cruise on our next trip but believe it or not I have a child who eats almost anything except peanut butter and jelly! I know Disney is very accommodating and with all the peanut alergies out there they must have an alternative meal. Has anyone ever requested one? Anyone know what it might be?
Thank you!

Both my DS and DD do not like PB&J so when I made the PS, the CM gave me a # to call to request an alternate lunch. I was supposed to call at least 24 hour ahead. Well...I completely forgot about it until the morning of the pirate cruise. All was not lost...they had rice crispy treats on board, and that was what they gave my DS and DD.

Hi there..

My 8 year old daughter did the pirate cruise from the Grand Floridian last august.

The food was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (the kind that has no crust - like a pocket)

Also gummie bears & a juice box.

They also received pirate bandanas and a loot bag which had strings of faux pearls and jewels, a little mini plastic telescope and an eyepatch.

She enjoyed the cruise... they pair the kids up in partners and put them in life jackets prior to departure..

Let me know if you have any other questions...

>>^..^<<

YES - you can get alternate meal. Call GF 24 hrs in advance.
I sent my DD with her own water bottle (name on it) b/c she is not fond of
juice packs. She does not like PB&J. I was able to get her a buttered roll.

Yes she ate the rice krispy bar and gummies.

Remember - it's not really lunch. The Pirate Cruise is between breakfast and lunch.
When my DD & DS came off the boat (take lots of pictures - bring your camera)
we monorailed it to MK and ate a 1pm lunch.

Each child gets a loot bag and bandana to keep.

The parent(s) MUST show ID when dropping off the kid(s) and picking them up.
Very secure. The child will not be realeased to an adult without ID.

Each child has a name tag (easier for the CM's - 2 to a boat) and wears a life vest.
Don't worry about he size of your child. The life vests range from a child XXS to an adult XXL. They have a life vest which will fit your child - again a must for your child to
wear while on the Pirate Cruise.

PICTURES of the kids before the boat, from the dock of the boat and when
returning. The kids look great in their outfits.
If you have a responsible child - give them a one-time camera to use on the
cruise. My 10 yr old DS took some cute pictures and some feet.

You'll have about an hour and a half to yourself while the kids are cruisen.
My DH and myself went to the GF for a nice quiet breakfast.

enjoy :)

Thanks pooh2001 you covered it all! My unasked question I've been wondering about is weather my 9 yr old ds would feel out of place being of the older set?! I know he would enjoy it! Glad to here you 10 yr old ds had fun and the camera idea is great!

I already had the quiet breakfast for 2 at GF planned!

thanks again!

Hi there...

Most of the kids were really young 4/5/6... my 8 year old was pretty well the oldest there.

There were alot of screaming kids that didn't want to go - and embarrassed parents trying to convince them it was going to be fun.

One little boy was crying he wanted to be a cowboy, not a pirate.

A few kids refused to go and stayed with there parents - there was a standby line of parents that were happy about this and were able to send their kids instead.

My daughter had a great time and wants to go again this August when we are there again - she is 9 now.

When my DD (7) did the pirate cruise in August there was a mixed group! I would say from ages 4-11!! She had a blast!!
We were thinking of doing it again this trip but she is going to try the tea party!

My DD did her pirate cruise on - Wed Aug 28th 2002 (I think it was the wed)

Maybe they were on the same cruise?

Hi!
We arrived 8/31 so it must of been sept 2nd or somewhere like that! :)
I thought it was August till I looked at my tickets!! :)

My DS-9 and DS-6 went on the cruise in December and DS-9 was among the oldest kids. He was embarrassed at first but I pointed out to him that there were about 2 others who were probably his age. That made him feel a little better. Both boys said the clues for the treasure hunt were easy so they must make it so for the youngest kids on the cruise. Most kids on their cruise were 4-6 I believe. In the end, they enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter