Pirate Menu favorites? What did you like?

mathed101

Mouseketeer
Just looked at the menus for Pirate Night and I am wondering what people like to order. We have always skipped this night in favor of Palo but can't do it this next trip. I do realize food choices are subjective and YMMV however I am open to suggestions and food photos so please post whatever you desire! Thanks in advance for your responses. 🙂

Just looked at the menus for Pirate Night and I am wondering what people like to order. We have always skipped this night in favor of Palo but can't do it this next trip. I do realize food choices are subjective and YMMV however I am open to suggestions and food photos so please post whatever you desire! Thanks in advance for your responses. 🙂
I liked the old Pirate menu better than the new one. "New" as in the one that was in use when cruising stopped. I liked the Johnny cakes and Pidgeon Pea relish.

That said, I've had the Braised Barbeque Beef Rib Salad (new menu) and thought it was good. Not a fan of the "Allergy-free dinner roll".

I liked the old Pirate menu better than the new one. "New" as in the one that was in use when cruising stopped. I liked the Johnny cakes and Pidgeon Pea relish.

That said, I've had the Braised Barbeque Beef Rib Salad (new menu) and thought it was good. Not a fan of the "Allergy-free dinner roll".

Thanks for the response! The Braised Barbeque Beef Rib Salad did catch my eye but without the salad part. lol
I will notate the dinner roll comment.

I’ve always liked the samosa and the vegetarian noodles.

Thanks for your reply! I feel like I have seen the samosa on another menu before (maybe in the dining room on the Magic before it became Rapunzel themed) and it was tasty. Glad to hear the noodles are good as my daughter really likes those kind.

Another vote for the beef rib salad. I ordered it on our cruise a few weeks ago and let my wife taste it. That was a mistake - she proceeded to finish it off 🤣 I probably should have just gotten another one, but we already had too much other food coming.

I loved the jerk chicken and the salad.

Thanks for your input! I was wondering about the spice level of the jerk chicken, how was it? I like a little spice but not too much.

Another vote for the beef rib salad. I ordered it on our cruise a few weeks ago and let my wife taste it. That was a mistake - she proceeded to finish it off 🤣 I probably should have just gotten another one, but we already had too much other food coming.

Thanks for the feedback! Looks like I should try the salad for sure!!

Anybody try the drinks or desserts?

Thanks for your input! I was wondering about the spice level of the jerk chicken, how was it? I like a little spice but not too much.
I thought the spices on the jerk chicken were too much (for me). I know others like things that spicy.

Jerk chicken, hands down. It is a mild version of jerk chicken, nothing compared to what you get in Jamaica, but good nonetheless.

Jerk chicken, hands down. It is a mild version of jerk chicken, nothing compared to what you get in Jamaica, but good nonetheless.

agreed. I’m not a spicy/hot fan (can only do flamin hot Cheetos in the midst of a head cold!) and it was perfect

OK, are you talking about the Strip Loin in the main Entree section? Or the Lighter Fare Grilled Sirloin Steak?

Oh, okay. Sorry! The Strip Loin in the main Entree section is what I am talking about. I forgot that they have the Lighter Fare Sirloin.

Did anyone try the shrimp & scallops? How was it?
I like the shrimp and scallop dish if you are in the mood for pasta... but I think the Grouper is better if you like seafood. The grouper and jerk chicken are my go-to's on the pirate night menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter