Pirate night is lame now

This was on the Fantasy a few years ago. Even then it was "too many bodies"
View attachment 348862

I’ve seen fireworks at sea plenty of times but I’ve never seen any of the pirate stage shows because there was no way I was getting myself into that mass of humans. I don’t do the people soup pools. If there’s a show that has this volume of people I can assure you I’ve not paid it any attention. I have seen the sailaway deck party thing but only from a higher deck. Once. ;)

Not sure I understand this comment - the Happily Ever After show at MK is currently at 8:30pm, which is very different from 10:15pm. I do think the old jack sparrow show was a bit too late for most kids' bedtimes (even with a nap), but they had the mickey show earlier so I think they struck the right balance before. If I were disney, I would just move up the dinner times a bit for both seatings on pirate night - 5pm for early, and 7:30 for late, and then do the show at 9pm. Reasonable for kids bedtime, but with none of this crammed-between-the-meals silliness.
The show at the magic kingdom starts at 9:15 pm this month.

So I just chatted with DCL and it seems it was a temporary change and moving forward will still be at 930/10.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 4.15.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 4.15.13 PM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 4.15.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 4.15.01 PM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 107

So I just chatted with DCL and it seems it was a temporary change and moving forward will still be at 930/10.
Unfortunately the people answering the phones/online don’t always have the correct up to date information. Call 3 times get 3 different answers.

Pirate night has been at 730 on the classic ships the last couple of years. I personally don't care. After you've seen it a couple of times...what's the appeal. I've always thought it was for the benefit of first time cruisers.

Pirate night has been at 730 on the classic ships the last couple of years. I personally don't care. After you've seen it a couple of times...what's the appeal. I've always thought it was for the benefit of first time cruisers.
It was at night on Wonder April 2017

I just checked a sampling of Magic Navigators from the past 18 months or so. Here's what I noticed:

Sailings from Port Canaveral, Miami, and New York generally had the pirate party deck party starting at 7:30.
Sailings from the Med, Trans-Atlantic, and a smattering of W.Caribbean had the pirate party starting at 10:00 or 10:15.

It was at night on Wonder April 2017
It does have to be dark for them to have fireworks. The last few times I’ve been on a Caribbean cruise it’s been in the winter. All of of our Galveston Dec 2016 it was early. Nov 2017 it was early.. it obviously varies from cruise to cruise based on reports.

Last edited:
It was at 7:30 on our Magic Caribbean cruise in April (2018) and they did the fireworks even though it wasn't dark. You sort of kind of saw them.

Fireworks were after second seating dinner (approx. 10:15) on the Wonder in May of this year (2 cruises, 3-night Baja and 5-night SD to Vancouver Repo). Pirate buffet in Cabanas after fireworks. Since we were B2B, we specifically skipped second seating dinner on pirate night on the second cruise so that we could try the buffet for the first time.

We did notice that they had changed the show from the old "We need a Hero" Mickey zip-line version to a Capt. Jack version but it was at the same (later) time as usual.

I love fireworks but will have 2nd dining 9/22 on the Fantasy. If I stay for the fireworks will I be late for dining? Do I have to miss the fireworks to be on time for dinner?

I love fireworks but will have 2nd dining 9/22 on the Fantasy. If I stay for the fireworks will I be late for dining? Do I have to miss the fireworks to be on time for dinner?

IF the fireworks are at 8pm, you should have a little time to spare to get to the MDRs. IMO there won't be any danger of being late.

We had the late seating on the Fantasy in August and had no problem making our dinner after the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter