Pirate Night on a 3-Night Wish Cruise

PurpleKomodo

Mouseketeer
I have a couple of questions about Pirate night on a 3-night on the Wish. First is about dinner. A smattering of YouTube videos seem to indicate that dinner on Pirate night is in a rotational dining resteraunt but without the regular theme and menu. Do we have any say on which resteraunt experience we are essentially missing? When will we know? I hate for my kids to get really hyped about Marvel or Frozen and then not really get to experience it. (I know this could be avoided on a 4-night, but there are lots of reasons we are doing a 3-night so it is what it is)

My other question is about timing. We will be at the early dinner seating. What time do we need to stake out a spot for the show and fireworks? Good tips for spots. My youngest uses a wheelchair, so we have to be able to get to said spot without stairs.

Thanks!

Usually 3 night cruises don't have a pirate night menu. You have the regular dining room menu. As for when the festivities begin, each ship has different setups. Some only have one party, some have two. Some have early fireworks, some have late fireworks. I think it depends on cruise director, cruise route and time of year. It is hard to have 7:30 fireworks in the summer when it doesn't get dark until 8:30/9 pm.

I haven’t been on the Wish, but on the other ships, the Pirate menu is served only on cruises of more than 3 nights. Given the press Disney released about the new restaurants on the Wish, I doubt you would need to miss one for Pirate night.

You will not know your dining rotation order until you board, but it shouldn’t matter. The rotational dining on all of my Disney cruises has been structured so that everyone gets the same menus over the course of the cruise, regardless of the order in which they visit the restaurants.

The times for the Pirate deck party and fireworks will be in the Navigator app. You will want to arrive early to stake out a location that works for your family, so if there is a show during 2nd seating dining, you may want to head over as soon as you finish dinner.

You'll experience each restaurant. They won't replace the main rotational with the pirate menu.

I believe I recall seeing a handicap area for fireworks viewing so you may want to seek that out so that your kiddo can have a good view without the crush of people all around.

Wish in January just had normal menus for Pirate night.

The deck party was at 9:30pm after the 2nd dinner. Will be on wish this Friday, expecting the same.

I have a couple of questions about Pirate night on a 3-night on the Wish. First is about dinner. A smattering of YouTube videos seem to indicate that dinner on Pirate night is in a rotational dining resteraunt but without the regular theme and menu. Do we have any say on which resteraunt experience we are essentially missing? When will we know? I hate for my kids to get really hyped about Marvel or Frozen and then not really get to experience it. (I know this could be avoided on a 4-night, but there are lots of reasons we are doing a 3-night so it is what it is)

My other question is about timing. We will be at the early dinner seating. What time do we need to stake out a spot for the show and fireworks? Good tips for spots. My youngest uses a wheelchair, so we have to be able to get to said spot without stairs.

Thanks!
I was on the Wish in late April for a 3-night, and there was no special menu on Pirate Night. We had all three rotational MDRs with their 'traditional' menu, so your kids will get to experience all 3 MDRs. IIRC the fireworks were scheduled for about 10:15pm. If you want a really good spot I'd say get there around 9:30? As others said, there might be specific accessible seating set aside so you can ask about that onboard.

It's been a while but we had pirate night on every 3 or 4 night cruise out of canaveral. They always did it along with Fireworks upon leaving Nassau. Not sure if this has changed. Still doing research.

It's been a while but we had pirate night on every 3 or 4 night cruise out of canaveral. They always did it along with Fireworks upon leaving Nassau. Not sure if this has changed. Still doing research.
I'm assuming that you mean that you had the Pirate deck party and fireworks on every cruise, but only had the "Pirate night menu" in the MDR on a 4 night cruise. OP was primarily concerned about missing a MDR themed dinner. You are not asserting that you had the Pirate night menu on a 3 night cruise, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter