Pirate Night on Christmas day?

darnheather

DIS Veteran
Cruise app updated to show things I can book on my 4 night Magic. The pirate makeover is being offered on Christmas day which means that will be pirate night correct? Does this mean we will get the pirate menu for dinner or do we still have a chance of getting the Christmas dinner menu? I will be so bummed if it is the pirate menu.

Maybe the Christmas Eve meal will be the “Christmas” dinner. Since the majority of people go to a movie on actual Christmas, the largest box office day. And according to internet Christmas Day dinner is more about a bigger late lunch 2-3 o’clock for actual meal.
So I think that could be a few of the reasons but I’m just spitballing here.
I would be interested in hearing what they do for Christmas Day breakfast and lunch.

Cruise app updated to show things I can book on my 4 night Magic. The pirate makeover is being offered on Christmas day which means that will be pirate night correct? Does this mean we will get the pirate menu for dinner or do we still have a chance of getting the Christmas dinner menu? I will be so bummed if it is the pirate menu.
I'm interested to know as well. We are sailing on the same cruise! :)

I haven't been able to see what is bookable on my app - where can I view what you are seeing? I only get the message, "come back later to explore activities...."

I'm interested to know as well. We are sailing on the same cruise! :)

I haven't been able to see what is bookable on my app - where can I view what you are seeing? I only get the message, "come back later to explore activities...."
Under the booking, I click "my plans", and then the individual day. Granted I still can't book anything which is frustrating, but I guess that is the 30 day thing they started after the virus.

Giving this one a bump. I've seen Christmas dinner menus from past Magic cruises, so unsure if pirate night will occur on Dec 25th on our Magic cruise out of Galveston Dec 23-27.

Does anyone have experience out there with what happens on Christmas with a 4-night cruise? Holiday fireworks? Pirate gear? Christmas dinner? Pirate late-night snacks?

Thanks so much in advance! :)

I called them last week and they told me dinner will be Christmas and Pirate Night will be after. They also will have special Christmas activities on the 24th and 25th.

I called them last week and they told me dinner will be Christmas and Pirate Night will be after. They also will have special Christmas activities on the 24th and 25th.
Thank you so much! I'm so happy for this. I think my daughter would have been mad at me if there were no Christmas dinner. I can't wait to surprise her with this trip!

When I called, they said the Christmas menu would be on Christmas Eve and Pirate night would be Chistmas night.

I'm on the 3 night Wish over NYE and pirate night is on NYE. I also hope we have the NYE menu rather than the pirate!!

I just called again and (specifically for our cruise Dec. 23rd on Magic out of Galveston), dress up and Christmas dinner night will be Christmas Eve, and Pirate Night will be Christmas night. She also said you'll have the option of Christmas dinner on Pirate Night, as well as the pirate theme dinner, though.

It looks like the way to know when Pirate Night is, is to look at the activities and see when they are offering the Pirate Makeovers. Yes? Any other way? I'm on the Dream over Christmas (departs Christmas Eve) and don't see Pirate Makeovers offered on any days of that trip (maybe I'm missing it?).

I would be pretty mad if I paid the premium fare for a cruise on Christmas and they had pirate night on Christmas. That would be the most ridiculous thing and I would demand a refund.
Pretty sure they are going to have it AFTER dinner so it won't effect Christmas activities at all. Plus I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't celebrate on the cruise that will enjoy the focus shifting from Christmas to something they can also enjoy. While I will be unhappy if they don't have the Christmas dinner menu I would never ask for a refund just for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter