• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Night Poll - Do you dress up?

Based on your castaway level do you dress up or wear pirate accessories for pirate night?

• New cruiser- Yes - I plan dress up

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • New cruiser - No - I don’t care to dress up

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Silver castaway- Yes - I love to dress up

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Silver castaway- No - I don’t care to dress up

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Gold castaway -Yes - I love to dress up

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Gold castaway- No - I don’t care to dress up

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Platinum castaway -Yes - I love to dress up

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Platinum castaway- No - I don’t care to dress up

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • All Castaway levels - have done it in the past, but now no longer

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • All Castaway levels - sometimes if I feel like it on a particular cruise

Votes: 10 9.6%

• Total voters

princesscinderella

DIS Veteran
DVC Premium
We are going on our first cruise as Platinum cruisers next week and I started packing and it got me thinking as to how many participate in dressing up for pirate night based on how many times they have sailed. We used to dress up when the kids were little when we first started cruising but now we don’t make the effort. The teens especially have very strong opinions on their outfits now 🤣 Tell me about your pirate night plans. I have enabled two selections so that you can answer based on your current preference castaway status but you can also select the answer that you used to buy don’t any longer at the end of the poll I’d that applies to you.

My option isn't there. We are platinum. We don't dress up in full pirate gear however we often will wear something somewhat related to the pirate theme. So I don't love the idea of having to pack a costume and dress up, but I also don't ignore it and do nothing.
Same. I usually wear a white or black blouse, and a pirate hat or pirate bandanna. So I try to go with the theme, although I've never worn a full costume.

I’m platinum and have never dressed up for it… however I just bought the MMMA POTC ears at a steep discount so that will be my contribution to pirate night going forward.

My option isn't there. We are platinum. We don't dress up in full pirate gear however we often will wear something somewhat related to the pirate theme. So I don't love the idea of having to pack a costume and dress up, but I also don't ignore it and do nothing.
Same with us. Instead of dressing up we will do something to fit in with the theme somewhat but not go all our. One year it was denim jeans and white shirts for all with belts that were like Mr Smee’s in red and white.

Here we are! Loving Pirate Night!

Attachments

• ZWNAHbtVQnSMwYH2mSH+qQ.jpg
    ZWNAHbtVQnSMwYH2mSH+qQ.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 7
  • u%TH+zuORu2WOCskqRSSDg.jpg
    u%TH+zuORu2WOCskqRSSDg.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
  • ypJ6yOfmRvqG5+Pjjt6qhQ.jpg
    ypJ6yOfmRvqG5+Pjjt6qhQ.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 7
  • ZiNaP80EST62JnPU0bjl8g.jpg
    ZiNaP80EST62JnPU0bjl8g.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 8

You would vote yes to dressing up as pirate accessories count, even if it’s just the bandana in the room.

But I enjoy seeing other people having fun in the costume experience.

What would your teens like you to do? Maybe they have an idea for you, too.

But I enjoy seeing other people having fun in the costume experience.

What would your teens like you to do? Maybe they have an idea for you, too.
My teen’s barely want to hang out with us, let alone dress up for pirate night on the ship. They are great at making cruise friends in the clubs and prefer to hang out there. We are happy they are having fun.

My teen’s barely want to hang out with us, let alone dress up for pirate night on the ship. They are great at making cruise friends in the clubs and prefer to hang out there. We are happy they are having fun.

I considered that might be a response of teens. So you are free agents in this costume scenario. You get to do whatever you like. So, are you a costume watcher or model?

I considered that might be a response of teens. So you are free agents in this costume scenario. You get to do whatever you like. So, are you a costume watcher or model?
We used to dress up but now we usually go to Palo or Remy and dress a bit more formal than a pirate costume.

Our first cruise didn't have pirate night (we had a Frozen deck party), so I'm excited for our first pirate night on our second cruise! Got my Redd-inspired outfit planned and now working on my husband's outfit - he's not really into dressing up but he likes Disney-bounding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter