Pirates and pals

binkee12

Mouseketeer
I'm really interested in doing the Pirates and Pals boat cruise to watch the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. However I've heard from a few postings that the boat doesn't move during the show and there is a roof on the boat so the folks sitting away from the fireworks side of the boat have a terrible view. Has this changed recently? I don't understand why some people would have an amazing view and others wouldn't and you pay the same price this is the only thing stopping me from booking the cruise.

We sat on the left side of boat (fireworks side) so I can't really help with this answer. However, no one on the right side of the boat was complaining. The boat is small and it stops far enough away, so I don't see a problem with the view. We enjoyed it and our "voyage" wasn't perfect (we had light rain/misting and no sound during FW which was Hallowishes that night). I would do it again though. Kids had a blast!

Our view was fine. However, I wouldn't do it again. I'd much rather pay to go to the dessert party inside MK.

We sat on the "bad" side of the boat and the view was fine. We saw Wishes, though, when we went to Pirates and Pals, so I don't really know how HEA compares from the lagoon. HEA is quite projection heavy, so you won't see any of that part of the show. I would only book Pirates and Pals if you are more interested in the event itself. If you want a view of the fireworks, there are far better places to see them.

I've done it 4 or 5 times and plan to go again i prefer it 10 times over dessert party its cheaper and you get characters, you get a nice quiet area to be in for fireworks and when its over you don't have to fight crowds when leaving.
its super fun!!

For those of you who have done this, what is the most time efficient way to return to your resort? We are staying at POR and will have a 5 year-old in tow that will need to get to bed at a decent time in order to be ready to hit the parks the next morning early.

For those of you who have done this, what is the most time efficient way to return to your resort? We are staying at POR and will have a 5 year-old in tow that will need to get to bed at a decent time in order to be ready to hit the parks the next morning early.

We take the walkway from the Contemp to MK and take the bus to our resort from there -

I'm just worried that the crowd coming out of the MK will be massive as soon as the fireworks end.

You will get back later than those leaving right after fireworks - they can leave as soon as show ends, you will ride back to the dock, and I believe there is a "surprise" meet w/Peter Pan when you dock, then you will walk/monorail to MK, so by then crowds may have started to disperse.

I've done it 4 or 5 times and plan to go again i prefer it 10 times over dessert party its cheaper and you get characters, you get a nice quiet area to be in for fireworks and when its over you don't have to fight crowds when leaving.
its super fun!!
Agreed 100%

I'm just worried that the crowd coming out of the MK will be massive as soon as the fireworks end.
It will be for sure. There is no real good option if you are concerned about getting back at a "decent time," but of course I have no idea what that time would be for you. Also depends on what day you are going and the fireworks time. Taking the Walkway to the MK Buses would probably end up being your longest route due to the walk (solid 15-20 minutes) and then the wait for the bus and travel to resort. I'd estimated at least 45 minutes probably closer to an hour before you get to your resort. Another option and may be the best would be to take a bus from CR to Disney Springs and then take the ferry or a bus to POR. If you catch the buses/ferry right away, you might save some time but there is no grantee of that of course. Walked up just as they were leaving more times than I care to remember...Lol!!

I'm really interested in doing the Pirates and Pals boat cruise to watch the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. However I've heard from a few postings that the boat doesn't move during the show and there is a roof on the boat so the folks sitting away from the fireworks side of the boat have a terrible view. Has this changed recently? I don't understand why some people would have an amazing view and others wouldn't and you pay the same price this is the only thing stopping me from booking the cruise.
We have done it twice now. Sat on both sides and there was no issue with seeing the fireworks. Sure the "fireworks side" is better, but the other side isn't like you can't see. The captain makes sure everyone remains seated and they are far enough away that you can see just fine. Anyone complaining about the view is just looking for a reason to complain. I highly recommend the PnP Fireworks cruise to anyone that hasn't done it. Especially if you are a Peter Pan fan. The MnG with Hook and Smee is one you won't find anywhere else with any regularity, and then you also get the the "surprise" visit with Peter at the end. Unlimited amounts of refreshments during the MnG hour (bring a bag and take some with you), entertainment on the boat, and of course the fireworks. It's one of the few things I genuinely believe is worth every dime at WDW. The one thing I will caution you about is that you will not be able to see the projections on the castle very well. Regardless of which side of the boat you are on. You see the castle changing colors and be able to pick out a couple images, but mostly its just the colors. They broadcast the music on the boat and of course you can see the fireworks, but the projections not so much.

I loved it...And as a bonus we also got to see the electrical water pageant while we were on the water. They had a little trivia game and handed out small prizes when I went, the captain was funny and I think we got some snacks, if I remember correctly. We had a blast.

I'm thinking our best option may be just to drive our car to the Contemporary and park. With a PnP reservation, I would think they would allow us to park there. Right?

We did this two years ago. We enjoyed it. We sat on the “bad” side, but we still saw the fireworks. People were good about not being in the way of others.

The food, I remember cake, popcorn, mickey bars, all sorts of treat type food.

Hook, smee, and pan were fun! We had a great smee captain who led us in fun talk and sing- and even my husband, who really does not enjoy WDW at all, had a good time.

I absolutely would do it once, the kids had a blast. It’s an experience. If your goal, however, is the fireworks show, the HEA dessert party is what you want. Getting out takes awhile, yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter