Pirates Closed for Refurbishment: 2/26/18 - 3/18/18

I agree with that. The modification is silly in my opinion. Everybody is offended by everything these days. Nothing about the ride is real.
Exactly, and even if it was real couldn't it be seen as historical? It's supposed to be silly. I've honestly never even noticed that part of the ride because there are so many things going on at once to look at.

I’m not really that upset about the change. I’m very sad, but the ride isn’t closing, which I’m grateful for. My friend upset me by being so offended at the change. I dislike that sense of ownership and entitlement (which I’ve also felt, my reaction is always “no don’t change it!”) - my fond memories of a ride don’t mean it should remain unchanged forever. Most of the changes WDW has made I’ve been happy with.

That said, I’m super bummed it’ll be closed on my bf’s first trip. Hopefully he’ll agree to come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter