• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pirates league.. Wwyd?

Bean786

DIS Veteran
There's at 9:15 and 1:05. Which one would you do? And why?

I like the idea of 9:15 and getting in early but I think I'm going to be sad missing the morning show and eating valuable ride time right?

He's doing the basic package. But if we do the 9:15 then he'll be a pirate all day.

I don't know? Wwyd?!

ETA: we are going April 4th a Friday.

I scheduled ours for around 1:30 when we go - I look at it as a little break time after lunch to just sit back and relax a little.

Depends on time of the year and crowd levels. I would tend to do the early one and have hm be a pirate for all those extra hours.

Some of it to me will depend on photos. Do you want a pirate in all your photos, or a few where he also looks more like himself? Afternoon appt will make it easier to grab a few 'regular shots'

Will you be planning an afternoon break/nap afterwards? My son was a zombie pirate for about 30 minutes after pirates league before falling asleep in the stroller on the way back to our room-and it was completely smudged afterward:/ But he had a great time getting it done and the picture of him all done up while still there is priceless! We will be going with an earlier appt from this point forward:)

Thanks for all the replies already.. Booked the 1:05, really wanted him to see the morning show ( fingers crossed it goes on!) and this way it'll be a nice little break too.

Thanks for all the replies already.. Booked the 1:05, really wanted him to see the morning show ( fingers crossed it goes on!) and this way it'll be a nice little break too.

I snagged an 11:20. I don't want to do it earlier and miss the best low crowd ride times. We are taking an afternoon break, and he might mess up or swim off the make up, but I figure he can put the pirate gear back on later, and I can make him another beard if he wants one!

Plus, I think the experience is the main point. If he's sick of the make up or smudges it right after, who cares. As long as he had fun during the experience.

I snagged an 11:20. I don't want to do it earlier and miss the best low crowd ride times. We are taking an afternoon break, and he might mess up or swim off the make up, but I figure he can put the pirate gear back on later, and I can make him another beard if he wants one! Plus, I think the experience is the main point. If he's sick of the make up or smudges it right after, who cares. As long as he had fun during the experience.

Yes, I didn't want to miss the time to get some rides in without the waits. Have fun!

Plus, I think the experience is the main point. If he's sick of the make up or smudges it right after, who cares. As long as he had fun during the experience.

And that's where personality comes in. For my son, BEING the pirate was the important part, not *becoming*. He's like girls when they have the princess makeover; he wanted to sleep in the makeup. He didn't want to lose that makeup any time soon after getting it.

Thankfully this coincides with how I feel about the value of the experience. For me, if my son were still at the age where he took naps or was a kid who needed swim breaks between park time, I just wouldn't book the pirate experience.

Heck, when he did PL at WDW (his first time was the first season they did it at DLR) DH and I did it too. DH really shouldn't have done it; within an hour he took off his makeup and I wished he hadn't done it at all (and he kind of did too, not wanting to be a party-pooper even though I KNEW he didn't really want to do it and tried repeatedly to let him bow out of it). I too wanted to sleep in my mermaid makeup. And in fact sort of did, as it's shockingly difficult to get that green paint out of thick eyebrows! :) So I'm definitely all about the whole thing, not just the hour long experience.

Some of it to me will depend on photos. Do you want a pirate in all your photos, or a few where he also looks more like himself? Afternoon appt will make it easier to grab a few 'regular shots'

Glad I am not the only one who thinks in pictures. lol. I took this into consideration with the time and day we made our appointment :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter