Pirates of carribbean

Leahmeicher

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me tips on this ride I YouTubed it looks kind of boring ? But then there’s a thrilling drop did not catch that on you tube?

Though it's starting to change some, WDW as a whole is not a thrill ride place. Pirates is a slow boat ride that tells a story, as others said. It has one small "drop", but beyond that moves at maybe 2-3mph. It's a visual ride rather than a senses ride.

I'm the only one in my family that still likes it. It was my very first ride at Disney when I was a little girl, and a must do for me on every trip. I kind of don't like the way they tried to incorporate the movies into the ride, Jack Sparrow is far more advanced than his surroundings, but hey...that's what Disney does. Still one of my sentimental favorites at the MK.

I love it! It is one of my favorite rides, visually interesting classic. I prefer the DL version but the WDW version is a favorite. It’s not a thrill ride, it’s a visual delight.

Pirates is not a thrill ride. Personally, I would not consider it boring, but it is certainly not exciting. It is more of a relaxing experience (in cool AC).
If you watched the video and deemed it to be boring, then you will be disappointed with most of the park. This is what most of the magic kingdom is like.

I would agree, that it is Disney storytelling in a dark ride at some of its best.
It is not a thrill ride. You really won't find much in that catagory at MK or Disney for that matter.
There is so much detail, that I don't consider it boring. YMMV.

Definitely not a thrill ride, but super fun and a Disney classic. DH and I and our kids (19, 16, 13) all love it! We usually ride several times each trip.

The drop is also bigger at Disneyland than it is at Disneyworld. But neither is what I would call a thrill ride. Still one of my favorites in the park!

Definitely not a thrill ride, but definitely not boring. It's one of my family's favorites, and we ride it multiple times during our visits. It is classic Disney.

The drop is also bigger at Disneyland than it is at Disneyworld. But neither is what I would call a thrill ride. Still one of my favorites in the park!

There are two drops at DL. I think they are about the same as at MK, but there are two! DL POTC is way better regardless, though I can't imagine finding either of them "boring" at all. They are amazing!

I have to say that POC is one of my favorites. As the others have said, it is the classic Disney dark ride and it also looks a lot better in person. I also can't stop singing "a pirate's life for me" in my head after I get off. Disney is all about theming, details, and immersion. If you're looking for thrill rides, you will most likely be disappointed.

While we're at it... can anyone tell me the appeal of other pointless rides like Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Space Mountain, or the abundant use of Mickey Mouse in general?
I’ve never ridden HM because I am a chicken and have chickened out because of it’s theme multiple times, but many of the Disney bloggers I read rank it as their second or third favorite ride in all of Disney World.

Basically everyone thinks Dumbo is pointless and gives it two stars but I love it. There’s something aboyt flying over Fantasyland in a happy elephant that just makes me.. happy. Granted, I love tea cups as well. Lots of people disagree.

Space Mountain is the most thrilling ride at MK. It’s really cool being in the dark and not knowing where you’re going next.

Mickey Mouse is Disney’s symbol.

when i took my DBF to Disney for the very first time his favorite park was Magic Kingdom. Not AK for Avatar, not HS for ToT or RnRC but MK..with all its 'boring' rides and all.
I was so happy that he not only loved Disney but loved Magic Kingdom even though it isn't the park filled with the most thrills. he LOVED pirates, we even picked up a FP+ to ride it a second time.

and even though the other post was sarcasm, HM is probably top 5 rides for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter