Pirates of the Caribbean closed beginning 3/14

My heart skipped a beat, so glad that is the Monday we leave.

Looks like the timing of my trip for the end of February is working out well for being before the upcoming ride closures but I will be leaving just before the F&W festival starts so I won't get a chance to experience that.

Yes, super bummed and surprised such a classic ride is closed during spring break time. I understand everything has to be refurbished at some point. *sigh* How does this affect Blue Bayou?

Yes, super bummed and surprised such a classic ride is closed during spring break time. I understand everything has to be refurbished at some point. *sigh* How does this affect Blue Bayou?
As crazy as it seems, it's not uncommon for it to be refurbished in the spring. In the past, sometimes Blue Bayou has been open during the refurb, and sometimes it hasn't. It seemed to depend on whether or not the water was drained. I guess we'll know tomorrow when reservations open up (or don't open up) for 3/14.

Edit: reservations are already open, clearly I don't understand how calendars work😊

Last edited:
Reservations have been open for a few weeks now. They open up 60 days out. I have a reservation for BB on Saturday March 26th and was wondering how things will look inside the ride during our lunch.

Reservations have been open for a few weeks now. They open up 60 days out. I have a reservation for BB on Saturday March 26th and was wondering how things will look inside the ride during our lunch.

We have reservations during that time too and worked hard to get them! :flower1:

Ah well... I'm just happy we will be in the Happiest Place on Earth!

- Ariel 🧜‍♀️

So disappointing! I haven't been there in a few decades and this March is our first trip with our son (possibly only trip). The website says through early summer!

Duh🤦‍♀️. I shouldn't post early in the morning when I'm still half asleep. Looks like BB will be open!

What time are BB reservations released? I checked at 3am pst today and nothing. Everything has been releasing at 6am pst and still no BB yet?

I would imagine they are adding a lightening lane?

I hate that Disney talks in seasons, I don’t know what calendar they look at but they seem to have their own groundhog or something.

For reference, the first day of summer is June 21, so what is “early summer?” July? But what does that translate to in Disney's reality?

Last edited:
I would imagine they are adding a lightening lane?

I hate that Disney talks in seasons, I don’t know what calendar they look at but they seem to have their own groundhog or something.

For reference, the first day of summer is June 21, so what is “early summer?” July?

I highly doubt they're adding a Lightning Lane. Pirates once had Fastpass and it was a disaster. I would imagine the long down time is to address structural issues on the ride. I'm not sure if it's been going down a lot but if it has, this might be to fix recurring issues with the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter