Pirates of the Caribbean interactive game

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
A couple questions about this Magic Kingdom game:

- Is this game confined to Adventureland? That is, it doesn't have you traipsing all over the Magic Kingdom, right?
- I understand that completing two missions gets you a "free" Fast Pass to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. This is one Fast Pass for every member of your party, right? Or should each member play separately to assure they'd each get a Fast Pass?
- How long would a group of adults spend going through two missions?

Thanks.

The game is confined to Adventureland. *Most* times we have completed it (I was thinking that there are two adventures, but my memory could be faulty), we received a fastness. One time we didn't, and when I asked the CM, she seemed confused about what I was talking about. One extremely magical time, the CM apologetically told me that they were out of the preprinted fast passes, so we received a magical, handwritten fastpass good for everyone in our party to ride any ride at MK, with the exception of Seven Dwarfs! That was pretty amazing. Every member of your party gets the fastpass; it's sort of a group-adventure game. The missions don't take too long, but if it is crowded it takes a while to get around, and sometimes you have to wait on another group to finish with the interactive item (which does take away from it a bit). I can't recall how long it took us; maybe an hour to do the whole thing?

A couple questions about this Magic Kingdom game:

- Is this game confined to Adventureland? That is, it doesn't have you traipsing all over the Magic Kingdom, right?
- I understand that completing two missions gets you a "free" Fast Pass to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. This is one Fast Pass for every member of your party, right? Or should each member play separately to assure they'd each get a Fast Pass?
- How long would a group of adults spend going through two missions?

Thanks.
If you like the adventure and want to see a little something different, then it's worth a try. Took us about an hour last time we played.
Personally we like playing these interactive games, my daughter loved Kim Possible and then later Agent P in Epcot. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom was a lot of fun when we had the whole family playing a couple of years ago.
The games seem to add a little something extra/different to your visit especially if you are a frequent visitor, although I would think that it's not worth the time if you are under time constraints or it's your first (or second) visit to the Kingdom...lots of stuff to do (usually with too little time...)

IMHO: worth it for the adventure, not worth it to gain an extra fastpass

We did this earlier this year and our fast passes were electronic. All we had to do was scan our magic bands. It took about an hour for two adults and two kids to complete.

It's fun! It is limited to Adventureland but there's so many nooks and crannies. I think for one map we were in the same gift shop for two of the symbols. It does take a bit of time, it also depends if someone gets to a location before you, so you kind of have to wait your turn (I turn around because I don't want the surprise to be ruined). It's one of those adventures where you've probably passed by certain items a million times before and just thought it was part of the theming of the land and then you find out suprise! it's also part of this quest.

You also get funny looks from people when you activate the cannon and they're all "what the heck?!"

For fun and to see what happens, on our way towards the front of the park near the end of the night, I touched my magicband to one of the objects that was on our map that we did earlier that day, and it activated an audio message. :eek:

It's one of those adventures where you've probably passed by certain items a million times before and just thought it was part of the theming of the land and then you find out suprise! it's also part of this quest.
That's part of what appeals to me about the game! Can't wait to play it.

I know this was already answered pretty well, I wanted to add a couple things.

The hours for this are a short window. Check the app to be sure, i think it was noon - 5pm when we went.

There are 5 quests total, and each one will take you about 20 minutes (if you can read a map) This was my first time at MK, and even though i wasn't familiar with the layout we managed to find the items.

You get a fastpass for every 2 quests, and also you get to keep a card for every quest you complete. We only did 2 for the fastpass.

This is one of my favorites at Magic Kingdom! Some of the triggers are really elaborate, things popping up out of nowhere, things on buildings going off. It’s really well done and much more impressive than Sorcerers or the World Showcase game.

The time it takes to finish two missions is usually less than the wait for Pirates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter