Pirates of the Caribbean vs Rise of the Resistance

Better ride?

• Total voters
I voted Rise, only because I love all the physical moving around and because POTC is just a touch spooky sometimes. I still like it and ride it every time, but given the choice I'd usually pick ROTR!

That's a brutal question. For the idea of actually better ride I tried to remove my nostalgia and romance from the question and went with RotR, but I honestly think if someone said one was going away and I had to pick I wouldn't be able to do it. RotR is just such an amazing experience (when all the elements are working and in use) but Pirates is hands down must do every trip to any park that has it and typically several times per vacation.
I hate this question. I suppose that's good for an online poll for fun. :)

Pirates by a long shot.
Once you have been on ROTR quite a few times, it gets kind of stale. Might be that the motion doesn't change and the things you see are easy to spot and happen every time.

With Pirates, the ride happens all around you and you can notice something new almost every time you ride.

Pirates by a long shot.
Once you have been on ROTR quite a few times, it gets kind of stale. Might be that the motion doesn't change and the things you see are easy to spot and happen every time.

With Pirates, the ride happens all around you and you can notice something new almost every time you ride.

Variety and depth is certainly a good point about Pirates. The theming and pace of Rise don't lend themselves to the crazy deep detail that exists in Pirates so I could see it getting less engaging after some more trips. At this point I think I'm at about 4 rides on Rise and operations were different enough a couple of those times that I've only had the same experience maybe twice so it's not stale yet.

Pirates by a long shot.

....what HE [or she] said! :teeth:

...as immersive as RotR is, it is too overwhelming, especially the first or second time you experience it....

I'm hesitant to actually vote on this one since it's not a simple answer for me.

RotR definitely has proven itself to be in the top three attractions for me in the park (PotC and HM round out that list).

In many ways, it is the superior attraction inside of DL Park.
The theming, multiple ride experiences, and exciting adventure driven story build on the best ideas and experiences of what has come before. I was simply blown away by it when I first experienced it last year. As a lifelong Star Wars fan, I can also say that walking into a Star Wars adventure like that is something I've dreamt about for decades, and it hits all the right notes.

However....

Pirates will always be my sentimental favorite. No trip to the park is complete without sailing through the Blue Bayou, the caves and the sacking of the town. That attraction wet my apatite for adventure & excitement as a kid, and will always remind me to live life to the fullest. Can't beat that feeling.

Pirates, hands down. I didn't really care for RotR. It is visually impressive, certainly, and it is huge and overwhelming in its presentation. But, IMHO (and my DH's as well, and he's a Star Wars fan), it just isn't FUN. Whereas Pirates is a chronic delight, even with the regrettable changes made a few years back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter