• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates suite $3900.00 a night???

OFF TO WDW!

Mouseketeer
I have a reservation for the Disneyland hotel for 4/30-5/5/2012. I was calling regarding some questions and curiosty got the best of me and I asked how much the pirate suite was per night.

The answer: $3900.00 per night. By no means am I rich, or frugal, but I know people who are both and wouldn't pay that. I'm sure there are people that do, but regardless, I still belive that is very high.

I have a 6 night trip to Beaches in Turks & Caicos that is going to cost me what 2 nights wouyld cost in that room.(and that's with airfare!)

I'm just surprised at the cost with todays economy that the room aren't a little less.

:)

I think, perhaps, that's the point. Those rooms aren't their workhorses. They do book them, and I'm sure the creation was quite calculated. If I had the cash to spare, I might do it as a once in a lifetime type deal.

Prices are warranted by what people are willing to pay. It's $3900 on the night asked about because people are willing to pay that much.

Prices are warranted by what people are willing to pay. It's $3900 on the night asked about because people are willing to pay that much.

Hi Skifast,

I tend to agree to a point,ecause if people were THAT willing to pay $3900.00, I believe Disney would be making more of those themed suites.
I look at it sort of like the grocer who would rather sell 5 bottles of soda @ 2.00 each instead of selling 10 bottles @ 1.00 each. Guess it's how it's looked upon. I would lobve to know out of curiosity how many nights a years they fill them.

Thanks

There are suites in Vegas that book for upwards of $15,000 a night. I'll never, ever, ever be able to afford that, but clearly there are people that can because they exist!

Hi Skifast,

I tend to agree to a point,ecause if people were THAT willing to pay $3900.00, I believe Disney would be making more of those themed suites.
I look at it sort of like the grocer who would rather sell 5 bottles of soda @ 2.00 each instead of selling 10 bottles @ 1.00 each. Guess it's how it's looked upon. I would lobve to know out of curiosity how many nights a years they fill them.

Thanks

Both it, the Mickey Mouse Penthouse Suite, and the Big Thunder Suite are booked at least half of each week.

I love the Big Thunder Suite. It is GORGEOUS.

tdr000444SMALL.jpg

ETA - No, I have not stayed in the 3 rooms, I prefer staying off site.

Often booked by groups of adults. $3900 divided by five is pretty manageable; and the average rate is closer to $2100.

Hi Skifast,

Thanks

I understand your logic, but I think that with such an elite "product" like any one of these suites, it is the rarity that adds to the lure of booking them. Additionally, while there are many that can/do afford these exquisite suites, "most" people are not going to spring for them. Therefore, it would be a poor business decision to utilize that space for something that maybe 1 out of 200 (completely made up numbers) will spring for vs more "regular" rooms that maybe 1 out of 2 people with spring for when booking.

I would be willing to bet these specialty suites are booked more often than empty.

- Dreams

Malcon10t (just got your username, LOL!) beat me to it!

In my wildest dreams I can't imagine being able to afford to stay there (frankly even if it were "only" $1,000/night! :rotfl: ) but it is fun to look and think of home decor ideas. I have a rug a little like the PotC rug! (Only substantially smaller. ;) )

Oh how I would love to live there. Does the price include a suitable pirate mate?

~~ I love you Phil, and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter