Pittsburgh area

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Are there any gardeners here from the Pittsburgh area? Do you have particular success with any vegetables? My DS is moving there from a New Orleans condo, and wants to get some ideas about what he can grow. He has asked specifically about celery.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Are there any gardeners here from the Pittsburgh area? Do you have particular success with any vegetables? My DS is moving there from a New Orleans condo, and wants to get some ideas about what he can grow. He has asked specifically about celery.

Don't know about celery, but Zuchini's grow like crazy!

Wife and I are not serious gardeners, but plant one every year. We don't have much luck with peppers or regular size tomatos, but our zuke's and cherry tomatos grow like mad.

Here is the number one tip he'll need to know: put a HIGH fence around the garden!! I live in the suburbs and we've got deer everywhere. They just LOVE to get in your garden and nip the buds off the plants.

Ok...the movers came yesterday to pick up their stuff. They don't have a house of their own yet, but are looking. I'll mention the wildlife!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter