Pixar Hotel vs Disneyland Hotel

sazzle12

Earning My Ears
Which one would you stay at for a Feb 24-26 stay with a 5 and 7 year old? I was going to book Disneyland hotel, but I see the waterslides are closed. Not sure how big of a deal that is? Has anyone been recently who can say what the state of the pool is at the Disneyland Hotel? Thank you!

Which one would you stay at for a Feb 24-26 stay with a 5 and 7 year old? I was going to book Disneyland hotel, but I see the waterslides are closed. Not sure how big of a deal that is? Has anyone been recently who can say what the state of the pool is at the Disneyland Hotel? Thank you!
The monorail waterslides were closed from early August to September 25 for refurbishment. Why are they down AGAIN from January 8 to March 31? That's horrible on Disney.

End of Feb can be cold, and is still the rainy season. I’d pick DLH. the refurb is nice at the Pixar hotel is nice, but it still doesn’t have that Disney feel to me. I feel totally immersed in Disney at the DLH. You also get the light up headboards which our kids loved.

I would definitely choose Disneyland Hotel. It's way nicer that PP. There's more of a resort feel and the light up headboards are the best. The walk is also shorter. Not to mention giant teacup chairs in the lobby :)

The DLH pools themselves are very nice, even without the slides. When we stayed at DLH and their slides were closed they let people use the one at PP. Not sure if they always do that, but you could ask.

If the PPH refurb was finished, I would say PPH for sure. For now, the pool and common areas are done, but some of the rooms are still the older style. If you are ok if you get a non-remodeled room, I would still go with PPH. I assume that the price point is very different between PPH and DLH. For me, when I had kids that age, they were super happy to see the characters. The remodel of PPH has made a wonderful new lobby at the PPH (see the thread on here where someone posted some new photos of it all) and the pool area. The walk is super easy. We usually stay at the GCH (but have stayed several times at DLH also), but it was booked for our last minute October trip in 2023, so we tried the PPH. The walk over to the PPH entrance to DCA was an absolute breeze with almost no line, even at EE (it is definitely closer to DCA than DLH, and I would argue it is closer to DL than DLH also). The walk through the GCH to DL/DTD is also super quick. Yes, you as an adult might really like the more luxurious feel of the DLH, but the kids will really like all the fun at the PPH, and you will probably save a bunch of money. Then you can use that for character meals, fun merch, WOC dessert party, G+, hoppers, and extra park day or whatever you like.

Are they allowing PPH guests to cut through the Grand to enter DTD? We were allowed to maaaaany years ago. Then we weren’t and had to go over to the security entrance near the DLH. Just wondering which way it is now.

Are they allowing PPH guests to cut through the Grand to enter DTD? We were allowed to maaaaany years ago. Then we weren’t and had to go over to the security entrance near the DLH. Just wondering which way it is now.
Anyone staying at a Disney Hotel can cut through the Grand.

Yes we did this in October of 2022 (staying at PPH) and also earlier this month (staying at DLH Frontier Tower). There are two gates as you approach the Grand Californian where you can scan your hotel keys. One leads to a private entrance into DCA (different than the main GCH entrance). The other follows the sidewalk to the GCH lobby. From there you exit the GCH to Downtown Disney (through their security check point).

When we checked in to PPH in October 2023, I asked what the best way to get to DL was in the mornings (I knew the options but wanted to see what the “official” word was). They specifically told me to use my room key to open the left gate at GCH grounds entrance (the pedestrian entrance right by the guard stand if you pull up to GCH driveway in a vehicle) and to walk into the front of the hotel and use their entrance to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter