Pixar Pier to Open June 23 at DCA; New ‘Incredibles’ Float to Join Paint the Night’ Parade

dina444444

DIS Veteran
As Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek announced at D23 Expo Japan, Pixar Pier will open June 23 at Disney California Adventure park. This reimagined land will feature four whimsical neighborhoods representing beloved Pixar stories with newly themed attractions, foods and merchandise. Guests will enter Pixar Pier through a new marquee, pictured above, which will be topped by the iconic Pixar lamp later in the year.

The June 23 opening of Pixar Pier will also include the Incredicoaster – a super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects that will bring the Parr family racing alongside you in a high-speed adventure.

Also coming in June is a dazzling new float for the popular “Paint the Night” parade featuring Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone from “The Incredibles.” This new float will bring all of the fun and excitement of the Incredibles’ world to life with high-tech, pop-art effects inspired by the mid-century-modern style of the films. Dynamic and innovative visual technology will also bring Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack to life, showcasing their powers in surprising ways!

“Paint the Night” Parade makes its Disney California Adventure park debut when the first-ever Pixar Fest celebration begins throughout the Disneyland Resort on April 13.

Source

And a few more details on Pixar Fest:

At the Disneyland Resort in California
Beginning April 13, the first-ever Pixar Fest will be a celebration of friendship and beyond throughout the Disneyland Resort. Pixar Fest will feature the debut of the all-new “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular,” the return of “Paint the Night” parade and Pixar Play Parade as well as even more beloved Pixar characters, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, themed food and beverage and new merchandise items. Opening during Pixar Fest, the newly reimagined Pixar Pier will bring new, whimsical neighborhoods filled with your friends from “The Incredibles,” “Inside Out” and even more of your pals from “Toy Story.” The centerpiece of Pixar Pier will be the new Incredicoaster, a super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects that will bring the Parr family racing alongside you in an attempt to catch baby Jack-Jack.

Source

I am soooo upset! My sisters and I have a trip planned from June 18-22. Seriously, we’re going to miss it by one day? :sad:

Desperately hoping there’s a chance for soft openings. This is such a bummer.

Noooo! We leave the 23rd! We don’t leave until 1 or so, so we should be able to get at least one ride on the coaster in.

We will be there the 19-23! I am so excited!! Hopefully there will be soft openings because I imagine it will be packed opening day, but we should be able to get a few rides in and look around a bit regardless.

My Frozone loving kids will love the new float, too!!

We are coming from Florida for our first ever trip to Disneyland and we leave on June 9. So bummed. Not the way the start a Monday morning.

1st trip of course, we leave on the 23rd. We've canceled trips to Disneyland 3 or 4 times in the past because of closures. Looks like it's gonna happen again. If the airlines didn't charge us $200 each way to change the flights, we'd go a month later. Just don't think a Disneyland trip is meant to be for us.

I am so nervous about this. Our trip is booked already for June 21-25. Is it going to be a madhouse at both parks that weekend?

I am so nervous about this. Our trip is booked already for June 21-25. Is it going to be a madhouse at both parks that weekend?

We arrive 6/24 and will be at the parks from 6/25-6/28, so this is also my fear. I was already worried because it's so busy in the summer, now it will really be crowded.

1st trip of course, we leave on the 23rd. We've canceled trips to Disneyland 3 or 4 times in the past because of closures. Looks like it's gonna happen again. If the airlines didn't charge us $200 each way to change the flights, we'd go a month later. Just don't think a Disneyland trip is meant to be for us.
I sure wouldn’t cancel for this! While it will be fun to see, it’s really only one major ride affected, at one end of the park. My understanding is many of the other construction projects in both parks will be done by mid April. Heck, there’s always something under construction on both coasts.

We arrive July 8, this is welcome news to me since Disney torpedoed my plans to upgrade my tickets to APs, I cannot justify $110 extra pp on a pass that has blackout days. Oh well, not meant to be. Sorry to those who are missing it by a few days, we were almost in the same boat as I considered Father's Day weekend but ended up choosing to go later because I wanted different timing for an AP....

Consider yourself lucky, I wish my visit was that week :goodvibes
Pixar Pier will likely be a “madhouse”, but other areas of both parks might be “less” crowded.

Our visit ends the week prior, more disappointing for some friends joining us from Europe (and will not visit again for many years). We can’t reschedule, but I suspect some guests will shift early June trips to after the opening.

There will likely be some extra cost pre-opening event, similar to Guardians last year.

We arrive 6/24 and will be at the parks from 6/25-6/28, so this is also my fear. I was already worried because it's so busy in the summer, now it will really be crowded.
Disneyland is already really crowded all the time now so don't beat yourself up for this or worry about it! Lucky for you the anticipated crowds mean that full park hours will be running! If you can swing early mornings and/or late nights that helps with crowds. What I suspect will be key here will be MP for a day at DCA now. Between GOTG and Incredicoaster and Soarin one day of MP could really pay off.

It won't be any worse than it already was going to be. Keep in mind that Saturdays are blocked in the summer for all but the highest passes. What will happen is that everyone will be rushing to the pier to see the new stuff. That means that other rides like RSR and Guardian's may be easier to get FP for or get to first thing in the morning.

We have a habit of narrowly missing out. The first time we had APs they expired the DAY before Carsland opened. Then last time they didn't expire until June but we booked our trip for mid-May and then the 60th started the day after we left. So we extended our trip by one day to see the parade/fireworks but it was so crowded with people camping on the sidewalks that we left. I assumed the shows would be around a while, but nope! So glad Paint the Night is coming back as we never saw it. And now this time our pass expires the end of June, but our trip is booked the week before the Pier opens. LOL! So we'll likely miss out. I am hoping that most of the walls will be down and that we can at least see some of the new themeing. It's a bit much to hope for AP previews of the new Incredicoaster as I feel they haven't done much of that since Star Tours reopened.

It won't be any worse than it already was going to be. Keep in mind that Saturdays are blocked in the summer for all but the highest passes. What will happen is that everyone will be rushing to the pier to see the new stuff. That means that other rides like RSR and Guardian's may be easier to get FP for or get to first thing in the morning.

We have a habit of narrowly missing out. The first time we had APs they expired the DAY before Carsland opened. Then last time they didn't expire until June but we booked our trip for mid-May and then the 60th started the day after we left. So we extended our trip by one day to see the parade/fireworks but it was so crowded with people camping on the sidewalks that we left. I assumed the shows would be around a while, but nope! So glad Paint the Night is coming back as we never saw it. And now this time our pass expires the end of June, but our trip is booked the week before the Pier opens. LOL! So we'll likely miss out. I am hoping that most of the walls will be down and that we can at least see some of the new themeing. It's a bit much to hope for AP previews of the new Incredicoaster as I feel they haven't done much of that since Star Tours reopened.
Oh man! ...You could be the best indicator we have for when SWL when opens if you have plans to go to the parks in 2019 yet? ;)

I’m so disappointed. We will be there from the 18th-22nd. What are the chances for a soft opening? Do they ever do that?

Glad there is finally an opening date! But I am sorry to all those who are just missing it...that's a bummer.

We are there when pixar fest starts on 4/13-from how I am reading it it sounds like the Incredicoaster will be up and running for Pixar Fest? Does it sound like that to you guys too?

I am soooo upset! My sisters and I have a trip planned from June 18-22. Seriously, we’re going to miss it by one day? :sad:

Desperately hoping there’s a chance for soft openings. This is such a bummer.

Oh that is so disappointing. Can you add an extra day on to your trip or shift the dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter