Pixar Place rooms

Redsred3

Mouseketeer
I know they have been working on renovating Paradise Pier Hotel to Pixar Place Hotel. I am curious if anyone knows if they are going to redo the rooms? They are a bit tired, but I can't find any information on them. I have only seen that it will "re open as Pixar Place Hotel in winter 2023"...but I'm not sure if they will still be working on it afterwards or not, as far as rooms etc. I know that they have stayed open during the reno, so that wording was confusing to me.

We would love to give this hotel a try if they update the rooms as well.

I read somewhere on Facebook (I think) that they were working on the rooms on the 15th floor. I don’t remember who reported this but they were doing a walk through.

I don’t know how to link a YouTube video, but the Disney Parks channel just posted an in-depth look at one of the new rooms. If you search for Pixar Place Hotel and sort by upload date it should be one of the first videos.
Thanks!! I’m curious how they reconfigured the closet area.

Okay watched this video... and now I am being nip picky... is there a coffee maker and what type?? I wanted just one shot of the closet corner area.

Also I do love that the white sheets have the Pixar balls on it. I have been not liking the bland white bedding that disney has been doing every where but that is a cute touch. I am over all very happy with the room. Super cute.

Last edited:

Okay watched this video... and now I am being nip picky... is there a coffee maker and what type?? I wanted just one shot of the closet corner area.

Also I do love that the white sheets have the Pixar balls on it. I have been not liking the bland white bedding that disney has been doing every where but that is a cute touch. I am over very happy with the room. Super cute.
I wanted to see that area too! And the old rooms had a weird shelf/nook on the same side as the bathroom and I’m curious if that is still there too. lol.

These look so nice! I wonder if they murals are the same in all the rooms, or it varies like in the new DLH villas. I've always wanted to try a theme park view at PP, but the walk just feels so far. The pool area looks great now.

Also I do love that the white sheets have the Pixar balls on it. I have been not liking the bland white bedding that disney has been doing every where but that is a cute touch. I am over all very happy with the room. Super cute.
I was also hoping for a picture of the coffee maker (hoping its a keurig) and the fridge!

Its such a shame this hotel is such a walk away from the parks or I would stay here in a heartbeat. I really love the newly themed rooms they are really cool.

Crystal, do you think you'll do a room tour/overnight video now that they've refurbished the hotel?
We would love to stay in the new rooms, but it will ultimately come down to price and if we can afford it. We don’t have any trips planned next year yet.
It’s such a shame this hotel is such a walk away from the parks or I would stay here in a heartbeat. I really love the newly themed rooms they are really cool.
Yes. This hotel is further away, but adding back the entrance to DCA for guests is a huge plus! The view rooms are amazing here. I’m just curious if they updated the elevator system. We walked in the lobby over Thanksgiving week and it looks AMAZING and will look even better when everything is done (grab n go cafe and adding the Luxor lamp) but they had the same number of elevators as before. Hoping they are faster now.

Now I am getting nervous - when you say the PP is far away what does that mean? We have stayed offsite and used the ART for drop off. Will staying at PP be further than that walk or closer? What is the closest to the parks in order of the three? Also is the hotel entrance/exit for DCA to PP open all the time, mainly asking for park exit after WOC.

Sorry so many questions - we haven't stayed onsite and only visited DL once.

Thanks again

Now I am getting nervous - when you say the PP is far away what does that mean? We have stayed offsite and used the ART for drop off. Will staying at PP be further than that walk or closer? What is the closest to the parks in order of the three? Also is the hotel entrance/exit for DCA to PP open all the time, mainly asking for park exit after WOC.

Thanks again
It's not super far, but further than the other 2 resort hotels. I'm guessing a 20-25 minute walk to Disneyland. But it's only 5 minutes to DCA. The hotel DCA entrance is open all the time.

You could take the Monorail which would cut the walk in half. That goes between Tomorrowland and Downtown Disney. PP is maybe 10-15 minute walk from the Monorail.

Order of closeness to Disneyland:
Grand Californian
Disneyland Hotel
Pixar Place

Order of closeness to DCA:
Grand Californian
Pixar Place
Disneyland Hotel

You walk through Downtown Disney to get to all of them, so it's way nicer than Harbor Blvd.

Thanks again
At the end of a long day the walk back to PPH feels shorter to me than walking back to the DH. I think being able to cut through the GCH helps break it up so it doesn’t feel so long. And in the morning, I have plenty of energy so I’ve never minded the slightly longer walk to security. So I think this depends on your personal perspective.

I have left through the new entrance/exit after the 2nd WOC, and it was so convenient. But that was in 2022 and I don’t know if it is still open that late.

We just stayed at PP for the first time this October (usually stay at GCH, rarely at DLH). The walk to DCA is less than 5 minutes, through the dedicated entrance. I am not sure how long after park close that the PPH exit stays open. You might have to use the GCH exit, by GRR, if the PPH exit closes right at park close. But it is still a very short walk (to me, shorter than to the DLH).

There is a brief, blurry shot of the closet area at the end of the Instagram video. Screen grab below (not the video but the play icon is still on the screen, sorry). I think you can see from here that they've replaced the closet with a built in that has a smallish wardrobe. I'd guess the coffeemaker (which will probably be a Keurig so they can stock the same supplies as the other two hotels) is on that counter along with the glasses you see briefly in this video and an ice bucket. The fridge is probably in the larger, single door half of the cabinetry below.

I am curious if they've just blocked off the old nook that had the coffeemaker shelf since access is now obstructed by the barn door for the bathroom or what...

1701824361446.png

I'm on site now (staying at DLH though) but you can see from outside that almost all of the rooms on the south half of PPH are under construction so I'm sure they're eager to get those rooms back in service.

There is a brief, blurry shot of the closet area at the end of the Instagram video. Screen grab below (not the video but the play icon is still on the screen, sorry). I think you can see from here that they've replaced the closet with a built in that has a smallish wardrobe. I'd guess the coffeemaker (which will probably be a Keurig so they can stock the same supplies as the other two hotels) is on that counter along with the glasses you see briefly in this video and an ice bucket. The fridge is probably in the larger, single door half of the cabinetry below.

I am curious if they've just blocked off the old nook that had the coffeemaker shelf since access is now obstructed by the barn door for the bathroom or what...

View attachment 815848
I really dislike bathrooms with barn doors. I don't feel that they provide enough privacy, especially in a small hotel room! Designers seem to love them, but I don't think they are practical for a bathroom in a very small shared space...But the rest of the room looks very nice!

DLH and GCH white top sheets also have motifs that are subtle but unique to each hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter