Pixar Place rooms

I stayed here the week before Thanksgiving for the first time (usually DLH). The walk back from the Parks felt quicker than DLH - though imagine it’s quite similar! And going, I didn’t find the walk to security by DLH much longer either - but that’s because I always arrive closer to 7am and have to walk the line almost to Pumba parking when staying at DLH - this way didn’t seem too bad meeting the end of the line🤣. I also went through GCH entrances - close, but early morning was quicker to utilize DH security.

One caution for anyone staying soon - the staff mentioned that it would be another 6-8 months before all the rooms are remodeled. They are working hard to get the south side completed by the January grand reopening. I don‘t know if any rooms have been completed on the north side (I was on 2 different floors, neither had been remodeled). I would hope it would be similar, guests staying in remodeled rooms on the south side while north side is blocked off during construction. (The noise didn’t bother me).

I’m most curious about the elevators. I used the service elevators for the floors I was on so cannot speak to any upgrades or changes. Waiting for elevators this trip was definitely a negative, especially compared to my experiences at DLH. Hoping reports come in with positive reviews, especially once the hotel is fully functional!

All that said, I would definitely stay here again (which surprised me!) and so excited to see the completed rooms!

Same. It's also harder to subtly close the door :rolleyes1
Yes it is! I am an early riser so I always struggle with trying to close the door as quietly as possible. Feels like being a teenager and sneaking out late (not that I EVER did that 😉 😂).

I stayed here the week before Thanksgiving for the first time (usually DLH). The walk back from the Parks felt quicker than DLH - though imagine it’s quite similar! And going, I didn’t find the walk to security by DLH much longer either - but that’s because I always arrive closer to 7am and have to walk the line almost to Pumba parking when staying at DLH - this way didn’t seem too bad meeting the end of the line🤣. I also went through GCH entrances - close, but early morning was quicker to utilize DH security.

One caution for anyone staying soon - the staff mentioned that it would be another 6-8 months before all the rooms are remodeled. They are working hard to get the south side completed by the January grand reopening. I don‘t know if any rooms have been completed on the north side (I was on 2 different floors, neither had been remodeled). I would hope it would be similar, guests staying in remodeled rooms on the south side while north side is blocked off during construction. (The noise didn’t bother me).

I’m most curious about the elevators. I used the service elevators for the floors I was on so cannot speak to any upgrades or changes. Waiting for elevators this trip was definitely a negative, especially compared to my experiences at DLH. Hoping reports come in with positive reviews, especially once the hotel is fully functional!

All that said, I would definitely stay here again (which surprised me!) and so excited to see the completed rooms!
Can I ask which side of the hotel is the one with the theme park views? I might have to change what view our room has to get a renovated room in early April!

Yeah!! When we walked by the week of thanksgiving you could see paper taped to the windows on the south side and it was nighttime, so that side was dark. I really wanted to know what was on the papers! I’m assuming photos and instructions of what goes where and how things are supposed to look. Interesting about the 6-8 months to fully complete. I’m curious if there will be different price points for renovated vs non-renovated rooms. I know I would be upset if I paid the same rate for an old room that someone else paid for a renovated room….oh, and also not a fan of barn doors in the bathroom! But, happy they fully renovated and changed the bathroom too. I wonder if any rooms will have a tub/shower combo or if they will all have showers now. 🤔

@Zoies Mom, All the view rooms Face east.

Can I ask which side of the hotel is the one with the theme park views? I might have to change what view our room has to get a renovated room in early April!
South side for sure. I don’t know if all/some of the north side are also considered theme park views too as they really see GCH well, but imagine they are partial views of DCA. Hopefully someone who’s stayed in that category might weigh in too! Edited to add that I just see that Crystal answered this much better!

Yeah!! When we walked by the week of thanksgiving you could see paper taped to the windows on the south side and it was nighttime, so that side was dark. I really wanted to know what was on the papers! I’m assuming photos and instructions of what goes where and how things are supposed to look. Interesting about the 6-8 months to fully complete. I’m curious if there will be different price points for renovated vs non-renovated rooms. I know I would be upset if I paid the same rate for an old room that someone else paid for a renovated room….oh, and also not a fan of barn doors in the bathroom! But, happy they fully renovated and changed the bathroom too. I wonder if any rooms will have a tub/shower combo or if they will all have showers now. 🤔

Thank you Crystal! So now I am wondering the best way to try and ensure I get an updated room!

South side for sure. I don’t know if all/some of the north side are also considered theme park views too as they really see GCH well, but imagine they are partial views of DCA. Hopefully someone who’s stayed in that category might weigh in too! Edited to add that I just see that Crystal answered this much better!
We have had rooms facing east, on both the north and south sides. On the north side, we could see both DCA and Matterhorn, space mtn and fireworks! On the south side, the further south you go, the more you can see into Disneyland too. But we have also been right next to the glass elevator and you really cannot see Disneyland. Only DCA. In any case, we have yet to have a “bad” view room. They have always been great!

In the past I believe floors 8 and up on the east side of the hotel were considered theme park view if you have booked that category (just to be clear for anyone reading this thread, there are rooms that face west at this hotel, just not that would be theme park view. West facing rooms overlook the pool and Simba/DTD parking lot.) The south portion of the hotel would mostly overlook DCA- I think it would be difficult to see much of DL from there, especially if you are closer to the elevator area as the south part is "stepped back" a bit from the north section. I think if you want a renovated room you should just directly request that as there's isn't really a simpler way to ask for that section of the hotel. If a renovated room is the most important thing to you, then you may not want theme park view as that is only a fraction of the rooms being worked on right now.

I would maybe call and see if they can note that on your reservation? It’s not a guarantee, but it’s worth trying!
I actually did do that already....I am a long time WDW pro and using those skills for our first DL trip lol.....I will also call just before we arrive to request a renovated room again!

I feel the same way, Crystal!! I was thinking of booking PPH for a 2024 trip, but I don't see anything on the booking site to indicate a different price for an updated room!!

I feel the same way, Crystal!! I was thinking of booking PPH for a 2024 trip, but I don't see anything on the booking site to indicate a different price for an updated room!!
I have a feeling that once the new hotel has officially opened, there will only be renovated rooms available. They are likely moving in phases and the first half of the renovated rooms of the hotel will be available in one wing while they work on the ones in the other wing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter