Lisa P.

Peaceful, Worshipful, Joyful
This year and last year, the AP Blockout Dates included one week in March and two weeks in April.
The April weeks were before and after Easter weekend, super busy.
The March week was when both local school counties (Osceola and Orange) had their Spring Breaks on the same week.

However, in 2024, Osceola County Schools will have Spring Break March 11-15 and Orange County Schools will have Spring Break March 18-22.
As we decide if we'll renew our Pixie Dust Pass or not, the block out dates will figure into our decision.

Any idea as to whether WDW AP's with blockout dates will block out one or both of these school break weeks, or neither, since only one county's school are closed at a time?

Thank you for your response. Yes it's far in advance, but IF we renew our current APs, those dates will fall shortly before the renewed AP's expiration and during a time when family may travel with us in Florida. So the answer will affect our decision to renew or not.

The trend is not to give more to APs, so if you need to guess, I would guess not in your favor.

However, they could completely pull the Pixie pass, so renewing might be a good idea if you want to keep any kind of AP at all.

:sad2: Oh boy. Since the Pixie Dust Pass is the one they've continued to sell, I've not really considered that, but you're right, @RoseGold, anything is possible. {sigh}

I predict one week will be blocked out in March, but which one will probably be determined by the week that is the most popular for Spring Break in Florida.

Disney used to not block out March with the cheapest pass, but with it becoming super-busy, it isn't a surprise. If you are lucky, your school will miss the block.

While Disney has blocked out more time during the school year, they did open up time in the summer, which used to be blocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter