Pizza Delivery Guy Gets Stiffed on Tip, BUT!

That used car salesmen are lowlifes is but a stereotype, but this group is certainly doing their part to perpetuate it.

I've read several articles and the crowdsourcing page. In one article, Jarrid says he confirmed the entire amount was for him.

Also, apparently the [jerk] in the blue shirt wasn't a dealership employee, and the female making the threat of her foot has been fired.

Pizza delivery isn't exactly the most ethical business either. I remember hanging out with a friend working at a Domino's. So I am familiar with non-employees being tacitly allowed to hang out at a business. What I recall was that this owner had no issue with friends of employees hanging out in the location, but the drivers weren't allowed to take friends on ride-alongs.

They also had some issues with customers who stiffed them or were rude. Also, there were specific parts of town they simply wouldn't deliver to. These were areas near housing projects, and a few drivers had been robbed at gunpoint. Now I understand public accommodation laws, but I think this is a case where known danger to employees might get a pass.

How hard is it to have the correct amount, including tip, ready for a pizza delivery guy? Geez. They had plenty of time to gather the right amount of money. A 15% on $42.00 is $6.30. The kid got $7.00. It was perfectly reasonable for him to think that was the tip. I wonder how much they were planning on tipping him. Probably nothing. I always tip pizza guys at least 20%, usually more because they have to drive all the way to my house.

It sounds like Karma came back to bite those miserable people.

"like I said everyone is seeing one side of the story......no one sees when the delivery driver drops off the pizzas.....for one it was a busy day......two yes it was are fault for not having the money together when he got there......but when he got there we just threw all the money at him.....and we were trying to see who owed what for what.....and we looked up to see how much money the delivery guy had.....he took off!!!!.....without saying NOTHING!!!!......so we called palace pizza and told the manager that the driver just took off without telling us and we were wondering what the hell happened.....so palace pizza manager sent him back.....and that's the video everyone is blowing out of proportion......and at the end of the video when you see my sales girl say the put your foot up the *** **** and I errupt.....is because when the delivery guy is walking out off camera he was yelling explanatories at my sales girl calling her a ***** and a few other things.....so that's why she said that....."

Who just starts throwing money at any salesperson without figuring out how much you owe and counting it out? You don't give the delivery guy a bunch of money and then ask him how much he has. And these people sell cars for a living? :sad2:

How hard is it to have the correct amount, including tip, ready for a pizza delivery guy? Geez. They had plenty of time to gather the right amount of money. A 15% on $42.00 is $6.30. The kid got $7.00. It was perfectly reasonable for him to think that was the tip. I wonder how much they were planning on tipping him. Probably nothing. I always tip pizza guys at least 20%, usually more because they have to drive all the way to my house.

My thoughts exactly. I always tip at least 15%....in fact, I order on line and put the tip on the card when I order. So, the driver knows EXACTLY what s/he is getting before they deliver. I get excellent service from my pizza place.

I would have thought that on a $42 order the tip would be at least $7-8.

The dealership was completely wrong. Even their after the fact rationalizations sound stupid.

I have specifically asked for change so I could leave a desired tip. That's usually not an issue. Also - the delivery guy claims that he did ask if the remainder was his to keep and he claims he was told it was a tip. It certainly sounds like they called him back just to mess with him and might have planned that all along.

My big thing is leaving $2 bills as tips. Sometimes I've padded out the bill for around a 20% tip, and even then I've gotten change back as if my payment was a $20 and they figured I'd figure out the tip later. Kind of ruins it for me since leaving the $2 as a tip (and not just random dollars) is supposed to be part of the fun for me.

I assume it's blocked because they don't want people posting pages here asking for money.

When I first joined there were many threads where people were covertly asking for money. It is great that this has been reduced/eliminated.

You know, I do understand that. But for some reason I've never met a trustworthy car sales person. Ever.

Many moons ago, we went to a Saturn car dealership. What you saw on the car was the price. Period. No wheeling or dealing. It was weird, but refreshing. We bought something else, but the experience stuck with me.

Saturn is no longer in business, so maybe the whole low pressure thing didn't work very well:rotfl:

Many moons ago, we went to a Saturn car dealership. What you saw on the car was the price. Period. No wheeling or dealing. It was weird, but refreshing. We bought something else, but the experience stuck with me.

Saturn is no longer in business, so maybe the whole low pressure thing didn't work very well:rotfl:

My understanding was that it wasn't mandated, but a dealer that decided to negotiate might face consequences. I also remember going into a Saturn dealer and thinking that the hard sell was no better or worse than another dealer. They kept on harping about timing chains and plastic body panels. They didn't say anything about the weak engines and the noise level. I heard they worked on the noise adding sound insulation, but the weight killed the already poor acceleration and handling.

Another issue with Saturn was that their claim of higher resale value was skewed by the nature of their pricing. Sure they could claim high percentages of resale value off the MSRP, but since nobody got a discount it was not an accurate reflection of resale amounts relative to other makes that were typically discounted off the MSRP. For my last two new cars, I got at least 10% off the MSRP.

I also recall a few dealers of other makes that had set nonnegotiable pricing. It didn't last long.

Well, that didn't turn out the way the dealership staff anticipated. :rotfl: Dimwits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter