Pizza for first night

tcherjen

DIS Veteran
Thinking pizza the first night. We are staying at AOA. I know POP has pizza and thought about getting that. Or should we go to the BW and enjoy the pizza there? Do these two taste the same or is one better than the other. I haven't had POP's pizza, but we really enjoyed the BW pizza last stay. Granted we were starving. ;)

If you do order from Giordano's, keep in mind that it's Chicago style, so it's very filling. Flipper's is less substantial.

If you can, I would suggest going to Epcot and having pizza at via Napoli. Hands down the best pizza I've ever eaten

If you can, I would suggest going to Epcot and having pizza at via Napoli. Hands down the best pizza I've ever eaten
I would love to do that, but think it might be a little too expensive for the hungry boys. ;) Maybe another trip!

Not sure about how much you need or your budget but they have a family size pizza that feeds 5 for $41. I know that can be a bit expensive but their pizza is amazing! We have 5 in our family with big appetites and on our December trip we're planning on Via Napoli.

Not sure about how much you need or your budget but they have a family size pizza that feeds 5 for $41. I know that can be a bit expensive but their pizza is amazing! We have 5 in our family with big appetites and on our December trip we're planning on Via Napoli.
I'm guessing that it would also require an extra days worth of tickets for the OP's family, which would bring the total cost to about $100. That's a lot for pizza.

I might be a minority but I liked POP pizza of course my choice of pizza at home is Hungry Howies.

I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed Flipper's Pizza. We ordered their regular crust brick oven pizza. It is inexpensive and just delicious. It is on our list for our first night of the next trip!

I know Giordano's has a lot of fans, but it just wasn't our cup of tea. We ordered their signature deep dish. I think we're just not deep dish pizza fans. It seemed well made, and had fresh ingredients, but it just wasn't pizza to us - more of a bready, cheesy casserole with some pizza sauce.

I have not seen good reviews of any Disney pizza except at Via Napoli.

You can get a large pepperoni pizza from the food court at AoA for around $15. If on the dining plan, for 2 CS credits, you get a pizza, 2 drinks, and 2 desserts (like gelato). It might not be as awesome as some of the others, but in terms of convenience and price it might not be so bad. Plus, you can easily get it with some cheesy pesto bread and eat at the pool. If your kids are like mine, they like any pizza and are not picky.

We liked AoA's pizza! Sauce was flavorful, cheese was gooey, crust was not too thin, not too thick. We stuck to pepperoni. It wasn't a "pizza experience," but we enjoyed it!

I don't recall the pizza at the resorts being all that good...That being said AKL/V- The MaRA HAD THEIR FLAT BREAD STYLE, WHICH WAS EXCELLENT...tO FAR OUT OF THE WAY i know BUT IT'S QUITE GOOD.

Boardwalk pizz I remember as being doughy, and sauce was Meh.....You want good pizza, i'd say just head over to Epcot/ Italy ( if you can ) Via Napoli, is excellent.:thumbsup2

The quality must vary wildly at Via Napoli. Our pizzas were bland and the crust tasted of burnt rancid oil.

Off day I'm sure....We live in Northern NJ, basically 10 minutes from NYC, so we truly have a HUGE selection of good ol authentic pizza......Compared to all that is down in Florida/or Disney for that matter, Via Napoli definitely rates among the best down there. It isn't as great as some of the places up here, but We enjoy it.:confused3

Off day I'm sure....We live in Northern NJ, basically 10 minutes from NYC, so we truly have a HUGE selection of good ol authentic pizza......Compared to all that is down in Florida/or Disney for that matter, Via Napoli definitely rates among the best down there. It isn't as great as some of the places up here, but We enjoy it.:confused3
We're from north NJ too so we're pretty picky about pizza as well and we love Via Napoli. I think it can get expensive quickly though because the $41 pizza looks huge, but is very thin crust. If you add a couple apps and/or desserts it's enough for 5, but we had 3 adults and DD were 11 and 4 and there's no way just the pizza would be enough as dinner on its own.
I don't have any experience with Boardwalk or pop pizza, but if you don't expect a gourmet meal out of it you'll probably be fine with taking a nice walk over to pop or staying at landscape of flavors and grabbing it there. Like all Disney QS pizza it's not the best, but even bad pizza is still pizza;)

Keep in mind pizza delivery can take HOURS. We ordered from Giordanos once and pizza was terrible (and cold). Never again.

What time of day are you arriving? If it's late afternoon, I would just stay at your resort and get pizza there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter