~*~PJ Amanda and Jon 1/13/10~WP/Ohana/UK Lower ~DPS photos are in 2/9!!~

I just came across your pj. I'm loving all your planning so far. I love your wanderfuls. I've never seen those before. they are so cool.

I just came across your pj. I'm loving all your planning so far. I love your wanderfuls. I've never seen those before. they are so cool.

thanks! the company is kind of out of it. You cant order online or anything like that and you have to call and speak to someone to get a catalogue in the mail. I have called and requested a catalogue 3 times and still have not gotten anything! I'm really hoping I can still work something out with them though.

YAY! Lots of updates!!! Your dress looks great on you- if you loose 30 lbs I don't think it will fit:rotfl: My favorite part is the sheer part in the front! I love your tiarra!

YAY! Lots of updates!!! Your dress looks great on you- if you loose 30 lbs I don't think it will fit:rotfl: My favorite part is the sheer part in the front! I love your tiarra!

Thanks! my goal is to lose the weight 2 months before the wedding date because that is the final fitting and all adjustments can be made, so I'm good to lose a ton of weight!:lmao:

I don't know what it is about weddings, but they seem to bring out the worst in some people.

So I have a distant relative, she would be my grandpa's sister. Who called up my mom last night and yelled at her for not being invited to the wedding. Even after my mom explained that there is only going to be 25 people there and we are having a bigger reception in the summer she was still freaking out about it. I dont even talk to this person but my mom talks o her probably once every couple months. As if that isnt enough, she has that side of my family now calling me and asking "why isn't so and so invited?" I dont get why people cant understand that a small wedding means A SMALL WEDDING. So now my mom is like trying to get me to uninvite spouses of immediate family, which is so rude. I'm not doing, I dont care who I piss off, its MY wedding, deal with it.

It is not just my side my DF side is starting too! His brother is just a rude and selfish person all around. We explained to him that no kids are going to be invited to the ceremony months ago. So he calls up DF and tells him how excited her is that his kid is going to be a ring bearer! So he just assumes that we want his kid there as our ring bearer, even though (if we were even having a ring bearer) we would pick a different kid. Then he goes on to talk about how the ceremony is going to be all about his kid!! He is also a groomsman and decides to tell DF that he is not going to rent a tux so he can save money!!!!!!!! :scared1:
How ignorant can you be?!?! These people definitely dont need money either. I just dont get it. DF is going to talk to him and tell him 1. your kid is not going to be ring bearer, or even invited to teh ceremony. 2. your renting a tux or your not in the wedding party.

I dont understand how people can be so selfish. I wish there was Disney magic to solve all these problems :wizard:

I am so sorry to hear abut your family drama its amazing how some people can be. But I think you are handling it well by doing what you want its your day do what makes you happy!!

Today I got my first email from m wedding consultant, Kathleen. I also got the package emailed to me where I get to check off which cake and flowers I want and send it back in. I think Im going with the classic romance cake with pink roses, the french bouquet as is, and 3 flowered rose wands with pink roses for my bridesmaids. Sorry girls 125.00 per bouquet is a little too pricey.

Ugh I can't even believe how rude some people are! I was feeling a bit guilty about having such a small Disney wedding and an at-home reception but then I went to a wedding this weekend. The reception was about 200 people but hardly anyone came to the ceremony... and not cause they weren't invited. Of the ~20 people I knew there were only 3 at the wedding (DF and I counted as 2/3):scared1: The other girl said the rest didn't think the bride would notice... but what was the first thing the bride said when we came through the greeting line... "where's everyone else?" She looked sooo hurt- I was speechless... what was I supposed to say "they didn't think you would notice... but don't worry they'll be there for the overpriced dinner and open bar:confused:". Basically you can't please anyone- you don't invite them and they invite themselves, you invite them and they don't show up:mad:

:banana:YAY for getting your consultant! How exciting to get the ball rolling!:banana:

I second with Adelia! I went to a wedding. About 1/4 if that went to the ceremony but showed up at the reception. How rude. I want a small wedding and the 25 limit of an escape is the perfect excuse. Don't let anyone get you down. Put on the :cool2: and do what you and DF wants. If people don't understand than you:cool2: probably don't want them there in the first place.

Congrats on the engagement and the wedding. Love the E story and the dress!!

Ugh I can't even believe how rude some people are! I was feeling a bit guilty about having such a small Disney wedding and an at-home reception but then I went to a wedding this weekend. The reception was about 200 people but hardly anyone came to the ceremony... and not cause they weren't invited. Of the ~20 people I knew there were only 3 at the wedding (DF and I counted as 2/3):scared1: The other girl said the rest didn't think the bride would notice... but what was the first thing the bride said when we came through the greeting line... "where's everyone else?" She looked sooo hurt- I was speechless... what was I supposed to say "they didn't think you would notice... but don't worry they'll be there for the overpriced dinner and open bar:confused:". Basically you can't please anyone- you don't invite them and they invite themselves, you invite them and they don't show up:mad:

:banana:YAY for getting your consultant! How exciting to get the ball rolling!:banana:

OMG! that story is horrible. I would tell everyone that wasn't at the wedding to leave the reception! I know a girl who is having like 400 people at her wedding just because she wants alot of gifts. She is seriously inviting people she has met like once. She is so selfish and she is making her father pay for it and it is costing him like 40K to feed all these people he doesnt know and after the wedding her and her new husband are moving into his basement because they dont have enough money to even pay rent!!!! He works at a grocery store and she is a youth councler making like 8.00 an hour. It is so ridiculous, people are SOOOOOO stupid!

Pirates Princess, when you said "how rude" in your post I totally thought of Michelle from Full House! It was awesome.

So since I'm having an escape wedding I'm not really having a formal reception per-say. I am having a casual dinner at Ohana and a dessert party..I hope. So I dont know if people will even really have time to sign a guest book. I was going to order one of these, http://www.tybinc.com/pid-452/guestbook_platter.html but I dont know if anyone will even write on it.

In other news people that I invited out of courtesy because they told everyone that there was no way in hell they would go to the wedding... decided that not only they are going, but they are also bringing their 2 kids. So now I'm at my max for the ceremony, I have to tell my bridesmaid that her husband cant go to it now. As for the reception part I am now at 29 because I am not including kids in the ceremony part. My old planner told me that escape brides cant have more at their receptions than they had at the wedding. But that doesnt make sense to me. I am paying for it and it is seperate from the wedding people so there is no reason for it. I'm going to book them for 29 anyway.

sorry to hear about the family dramarama, unfortunately that was probably only the beginning of it. Hang in there and vent in your pj as much as you want. Love the guest book platter. :goodvibes

So I have made a decision on the first dance song to be played by violin only. I'm going with "Dream a Little of Me", the Mama Cass version. I dont know how flexible they are about choosing a song that is not Disney, Unforgettable, or What a Wonderful World. It is kind of ridiculous to me that they limit your choices to those only. I have to shoot my planner an email and let her know that we want this song.

Here is a link incase you have never heard it :flower3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_070zWcEuk

I love that song! I think they can play any song you want :charac2:but you have to supply them with the sheet music... I'm not 100% sure about this so let me know what you find out! The wedding website looks great- how hard was that to set up? I need to do something like that but am not always the most technically inclined person:badpc:. I'm also so sorry to hear about your housing issues... I agree that it's totally unfair that some people get things handed to them on a silver planner while others have to work their tail off just to get by- but I think you're definately better off to get out of there than to have to put up with his crazy drug parties:crazy: What did you end up deciding to do on the rent vs buy debate? It's a tough one bc now is such a good time to buy but I don't think I would sacrifice my wedding fund for it:scared:- but DF would be all for it. Hope it works out for you- keep us updated!

Just read through your PJ. Your dress is gorgeous! I'm sorry you are having all the family drama! I would want to elope also! I think it happens to everyone, but you seem to be getting a lot of it unfortunately. I hope things get better for you! This is supposed to be a fun time in your life and it stinks that people are ruining that for you. :sad2:

Can't wait to read more, and hopefully it's all good stuff from now on!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter