• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Place for toddler to nap on arrival day?

JC1986

Earning My Ears
For moms with toddlers who still take an afternoon nap, what do you do on arrival day? I’m nervous given early check-in at Disney Resorts can’t be guaranteed. My daughter naps from 12-2pm and has never been able to nap in a stroller. Any tips? Or are there quiet/private-ish places in any parks or anywhere in Disney where a nap location might be possible, if we brought a small nap mat in a backpack…? Open to ideas.

For moms with toddlers who still take an afternoon nap, what do you do on arrival day? I’m nervous given early check-in at Disney Resorts can’t be guaranteed. My daughter naps from 12-2pm and has never been able to nap in a stroller. Any tips? Or are there quiet/private-ish places in any parks or anywhere in Disney where a nap location might be possible, if we brought a small nap mat in a backpack…? Open to ideas.
This is so tough. Are you flying or driving? My kid would never nap in the stroller either. Sometimes, we'd literally sit in the car for the nap... obviously not possible if you're flying! We've also done a quiet common area in a resort (Contemporary is great!!) but that may not be work either if they're fussy about naps (we did that mostly when he was super little). I also have been known to beg check in for a room - not a guarantee at all but worth explaining the situation and asking kindly! ;) I hope someone has a good idea for you!

Is your toddler a transportation napper? Some of the best naps my daughter took were on the wdw busses! And the monorail....skyliner....

My toddler won’t sleep anywhere but a crib or bed so it’s made arrival days a little iffy. We luckily live an hour away so we usually end up driving over after his nap but the times we’ve gone in the morning he just doesn’t nap that day. Even if we get a room ready early he’s too wired to nap in the hotel

If you are staying deluxe and some moderates, there are quiet little places you can set her up to sleep. Values are a little harder. There are baby care centers in every park, not sure if you could stay in one for two hours for a nap.

If you are staying deluxe and some moderates, there are quiet little places you can set her up to sleep. Values are a little harder. There are baby care centers in every park, not sure if you could stay in one for two hours for a nap.
from the times we have used baby care centers I would not call them quiet enough for napping. I would use transportation nap if that works with your child. like the monorail where you do not have to get off. but again others will be getting on and off

any places you find others will also know about. what about putting mat in stroller if it has a large shade with it parked?

You can use the pools on check in days. I know at AKL, there are several areas around the pool, in the resort, out back of the resort that are quiet most of the time.

deluxe Resorts have the lobby areas that you can find a quiet corner.

knowing your resort will help.

Our first trip, my oldest was 20 months, she napped in the AM on the way to logan and then didn't fall asleep until wheels down in MCO, I kid you not. Luckily she was also a stroller napper, as long as the stroller was reclined.

Our trip earlier this year, my youngest was 20 months, and she napped on the second flight.

It might help to know when you're arriving, how early you're waking up, mode of transportation, etc. Traveling kids are weird and do things differently sometimes.

Where are you staying? Lots of resorts have little nooks/quiet spaces that could work for a nap. You might not need to carve out specific nap time, though. All kids are different, of course, but I've just found that napping seems to be inconsistent for us and the kids basically just nap when they get tired enough to pass out. Trying to force them into it (like taking an afternoon break) has never worked out for us. So for arrival day I always make sure we have an ADR in the afternoon around nap time, so that even if they're not napping, we have somewhere cool to sit, relax, and refuel while we wait for our room to be ready. Tired kids are easier when they're not hungry and hot.

Our kids napped in the strollers as we walked around parks, DS, etc. That's how we discovered the Food & Wine festival! Both girls fell asleep in strollers as they opened the booths for a "soft opening" the day prior to the official start. DH and I ate and drank our way around the world as they slept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter