Place to eat in wdw: teen edition

I would have to to say steer clear of the Sci Fi dinner the food isn't very good there at all. But if you wanna get the experience of eating there (because it is super awesome:thumbsup2) i would say just go get like an ice cream sundae or something. here are some of my favorites...

Counter service:
- pinocchio village haus because it has a great view of it's a small world & it's fun to wave at people as they go by.(MK)
- flame tree bbq (AK)
- sunshine seasons (EPCOT) because they have A TON of food choices.
- Pizza Planet (MGM)

Table Service:
- San Angel Inn (WS,Mexico)
- Chef Mickeys! (contemp.)
- Prime Time Cafe (MGM)

Other:
- hoope dee doo review
- the pizza place in Disney Quest!

I strangely don't eat much in wdw, probably because I'm too busy riding rides. But when I do finally get hungry I love to eat at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe in the Magic Kingdom. I love the theme and the food is so yummy!

I also quite like Chef Mickeys, although I wasn't a big fan of the breakfast (dinner was much better.). Sci-Fi Dine-In is amazing, but like the poster above me said, they don't have very good food. Also Pizza Planet in MGM seems to have pretty good food, although I've never ate there (We usually stop by there to go to the bathroom or arcade) the food smells delicious!

I like the Coral Reef, Brown Derby,Boma's those are the 3 I've eaten at we ate breakfast every morning at Boma's we were blessed enough that my dads employer travel agency gave us 15% off of everything so we got to stay at AKL concierge with Savanah view and deluxe dining plan. We had breakfast each morning at Bomas lunch at counter services and dinner at other restaraunts and sometimes Bomas it worked out really well for our family

My family is taking a trip to the world next June! I'm excited!! Where are your guys favorite places to eat? This will be my families first time on dining plan :goodvibes

I really like early crystal palace for breakfast cause you get into magic kingdom before anyone else does which makes for amazing pictures and also means not a whole lot of lines once your done with breakfast because most people sleep in on vacation.

I also really love sci fi cafe in hollywood studios akershush in norway (epcot) the food there is good when you read the menu your like "ughhh what is that?" but my family randomly ordered stuff that turned out to be mashed potatoes and meatloaf lol!

oh and boma! Good for breakfast or dinner it's inside the animal kingdom lodge always awsome people working there and the restraunt and lodge are AMAZING to look at.

my favorites are:
~Chef Mickeys
~ Crystal Palace
~ Ohana
and my all time fave is ESPN club, but they dont take reservations

Le Cellier
Teppan Edo
Les Chefs de France (Lunch)
Tony's Town Square
Grand Floridian Café

MK:

Crystal Palace (great dinner buffet!)
Columbia Harbour House (our favorite CS in WDW)
Pecos Bill Cafe (pretty darn good)

Epcot:

Sunshine Seasons Food Faire (TONS of options!)
Rose & Crown (again, yum!)

DHS:

I don't like a whole lot here. I do enjoy 50s Prime Time Cafe, though. Oh, and the desserts at Sweet Spells! YUM.

AK:

We loved Tusker House when it was a CS, but I've heard it's a really good TS.

DTD:

Wolfgang Puck Express (yum, and the portions are HUGE)

Resorts:

1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian; more so for great character interactions at dinner)
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Boatwright's Dining Hall (Port Orleans Riverside)

50's Prime Time Diner. I love that place!! And I like their Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshakes too. (Their not as disgusting as they sound, tbh. They taste like Reese's Pieces.)

My favorites are

MK: Pecos Bills
Liberty tree tavern (Realy good clam chowder)
Bakery (I personally enjoy the mickey crispy treats with the chocolate mickey on top, and the chip and dale pretzels)
Dole Whip stand <3

EPCOT: I like biergarten for the atmosphere, and we went to the fancy French restaurant. It was good food, but my sister (who was 11 at the time, a few trips ago) fell asleep at the table.... I also like the quick service place in the Land. It offers a good variety of food.

Hollywood Studios: We really loved the brown derby. Food and atmosphere was amazing. We also liked 50s prime time cafe. The food was good, and it was a fun atmosphere. I would reccomend this over sci-fi dine in.

AK: We didn't really get to eat there, although I did have an amazing nemo cookie :D

Rest of World: The cheese-pretzel hot dogs at Blizzard Beach are AMAZING <3<3<3
Beaches and cream
ESPN club (food was good, and our family liked the sport-atmosphere)
Calfornia Grill
The food courts in Both Poly and Contemporary. (Poly has dole whips, and contemporary has really good pasta on their menu, its more of a high end quick-service restaurant)
and that's about all I can recommend for now.

my absolute all time favorite is Kona. It's really good!

Keep it coming people! This should be a sticky thread where teen disers can have their own dining reviews! :idea:

Although I haven't ate there yet (but I have heard quite a few positive reviews), I'd really recommend 50's Prime Time Cafe if your going to be going to Hollywood Studios. The decor is really nice and the staff is hilarious!

For the places I have ate at and recommend:

Magic Kingdom: Peco Bills, they have fantastic chili cheese fries.
Hollywood Studios: Sci-Fi Dine-In. I don't think the food is worth raving about, but this place looks amazing! It's all decorated to look like an actual Drive-in theater and they play a bunch of little flicks on a movie screen.
Resorts - Chef Mickeys. I really like the food here (for dinner, breakfast wasn't very good in my opinion) and it's a great character meal. I love the way they treat you on your birthday too, lot's of napkin waving fun!

I hope you have a fun time on your trip and find great places to eat at! :)

Counter Service
Flame Tree Barbque
Earl of Sandwich
Liberty tree tavern
anywhere there is a dolewhip <3

Table service
Le Cellier
Chefs de france
Ohana
Boma
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
Whispering Canyon

I've only been to Disney once but when we went last time we had some awesome food. Mostly table service, we rarely got counter service. I recommend Garden Grill in Epcot, it's inside the same pavilion as Soarin' and it spins! You also can see the people on Living With The Land from your seat. It also is a character meal with Pluto, Mickey, Chip and Dale. It's family style so they just continue to bring the food out to you and its awesome. My dad and I ate it all. That was my second favorite but everyone in my family enjoyed it.

My favorite is Sanaa in Animal Kingdom Lodge: Kidani Village, the place we stayed. It's very new and the only restaurant there. I had this Salmon special and it was to die for. Definitely try to go over there to eat.

One counter service/snack that was very convenient and had nice food was Golden Oak Outpost in Magic Kingdom. This was one of very few counter services we went to. It is between Frontierland and Adventureland. It is hidden and you usually don't see it and so nobody is usually there so you don't have to wait in line and the food is very simple and decent.

That's all I have for high recommendations. One that I recommend you don't try no matter how interesting it sounds is Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. The food is mediocre compared to the other places I mentioned. And the seating is very uncomfortable. The previews they play on the screen play like fifty times before you leave and get very monotonous. So don't go there. Besides that I think everything else is fine.

Thanks guys!! This is our line up so far...did I mention were doing deluxe?

Dinner: spirit of aloha, Les chefs de France, sci-fi dine in? (we have 3 ppl seating would be weird), teppan edo, plaza restraunt, whispering canyon, ohana, California grill

lunch: coral reef, 50's prime time, liberty tree tavern, yak and yeti, cinderellas royal table

breakfast: kona, 1900 park fare, crystal palace, boma, cape may cafe, chef mickeys

any thought? Suggestions? Any places that are absolutely revolting? Get your thoughts out there!!!

I said don't do Sci-Fi Dine-In, not worth it. Though it is an interesting atmosphere and experience after awhile it gets to you. And the food isn't that great compared to some amazing restaurants.

Yak and Yeti had some very good dishes and its new. I definitely enjoyed that place, though you have to remember the food is Asian and nothing but Asian unless you order off the kids menu.

Crystal Palace is a must! Great character meal and great buffet! I never went to Breakfast there, I went to Dinner (and sadly we missed part of the Spectromagic parade, but we only got to see 5 minutes of that since my dad wanted to leave (he doesn't like Disney))

Good choices up there, good choices

Not quite a teen anymore, but I pretty much have the tastes of one! ;)

Of those selections, I've only been to a few, but I know a bit about the others. Teppan Edo is a bit like an upscale hibachi restaurant, so if you're familiar with those and there is another place you guys want to try, you might consider it for a trade-out?

50's Prime Time is AWESOME. I really love it and the best part is the interaction with all the waiters and waitresses. Like someone else said, fried chicken=AMAZING. Last time I went I ate my entire plate clean and our server gave me an origami crane as a reward! :rotfl:

When you go to Cinderella's Royal Table, ASK FOR A WINDOW SEAT. The view is one of the best parts, and I forgot to request one when I went. Very bummed out! You might consider moving this to the evening as well, since the view is very nice then.

Kona is amazing in just about every way. Try the Tonga Toast if you like bananas and the macadamia pancakes if you even remotely like pineapples or macadamias. I don't usually do pancakes but they were sooooo good.

Not covered on your dining plan but maybe of interest is the Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea. It's very cute and the GF is a fantastic place to be. The tea is as close to authentic English style as I've found and a great way to unwind.

Also, I just bought myself a book to get all the characters to sign, so don't feel guilty at all. So what if you're the tallest in line? It's your park too! If you want siggys and you chicken out, you can get stuff signed at some of the character restaurants you're going to. Then no one will have to know! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter