• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Place to Park Wheelchair?

Erin1213

Earning My Ears
My family and I will be making our annual trip to WDW in May. Our 19 year old son, has autism and moderate cognitive disorder. For the most part he does really well navigating there. Last year we noticed a decline in his endurance, which may have been from heat. We are thinking of renting a wheelchair for two purposes a place to decompress and to minimize his walking between rides (when needed). I know there's stroller parking, so would I use the same area to park the wheelchair before entering the que?

Be sure you do something to make it standout as your personal WC (even if rented). There are a few rides (Haunted Mansion, Pirates) where ECV riders have to switch to a WC. When personal WCs are parked near the park WCs it is too easy for an ECV rider to just grab the nearest WC to use and accidentally use one that someone has rented. You don't want to come back out and find that the WC you rented is not there. It's not intentional - but it's frustrating.

My family and I will be making our annual trip to WDW in May. Our 19 year old son, has autism and moderate cognitive disorder. For the most part he does really well navigating there. Last year we noticed a decline in his endurance, which may have been from heat. We are thinking of renting a wheelchair for two purposes a place to decompress and to minimize his walking between rides (when needed). I know there's stroller parking, so would I use the same area to park the wheelchair before entering the que?
Some times you can park the wheelchair in stroller parking other times the CM prefer you not too my friend was useing a wheelchair when we pulled off the path so I could tie my show a CM stats going you cannot park your wheelchair in her it is just for stroller I and my friend told he a number of time I was just tiring my show. Your best be is if there is a CM close by to just ask
not always the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter