Placeholder and travel agent

jack87891

Mouseketeer
We will be on a Dcl cruise that we booked through disney with no travel agent. We will be getting a placeholder. When would it need to be assigned to a travel agency? 30 days after the placeholder purchase or 30 days after the actual cruise is booked?
I know they ask if you want to assign it to the same ta (when purchasing the placeholder), however we would not have used a ta for the cruise
Hope this makes sense

Make sure to transfer the placeholder to a travel agent before 30 days after the purchase date. No time limit on when you change the placeholder into a cruise. Just make sure the sail date is 2 years from purchase of placeholder.
Happy cruising!

We had a DCL reservation that I grabbed on a whim. I didn't know about the 30 day rule so like 8 months later I had to cancel it. Luckily our TA was able standing by to catch it. If you know the name of the TA company (yes, I only knew the TA's name) can you add it to the placeholder? Back in the day the cards had a place but I think everything is done by the Navigator app now.

We had a DCL reservation that I grabbed on a whim. I didn't know about the 30 day rule so like 8 months later I had to cancel it. Luckily our TA was able standing by to catch it. If you know the name of the TA company (yes, I only knew the TA's name) can you add it to the placeholder? Back in the day the cards had a place but I think everything is done by the Navigator app now.

Everything is done on the app. If you are on a cruise booking through a travel agent, you can assign a placeholder booked onboard to that agent. I don’t think there is a way to add a new travel agent to a placeholder onboard. You can contact a travel agency as soon as you’re off the ship (or even while onboard if you have WiFi), give them the reservation number, and ask them to call DCL and transfer the placeholder booking. This transfer needs to occur within 30 days of your booking the placeholder.

If you know the name of the TA company (yes, I only knew the TA's name) can you add it to the placeholder?

No, DCL stopped that years ago, even before the placeholder through the app. The options are assign the TA who booked the current cruise (if one did) or have no TA assigned. You can then transfer it to a TA within 30 days of the date the placeholder was booked.

Everything is done on the app. If you are on a cruise booking through a travel agent, you can assign a placeholder booked onboard to that agent. I don’t think there is a way to add a new travel agent to a placeholder onboard. You can contact a travel agency as soon as you’re off the ship (or even while onboard if you have WiFi), give them the reservation number, and ask them to call DCL and transfer the placeholder booking. This transfer needs to occur within 30 days of your booking the placeholder.
Great. You answered my next question which was whether I called a travel agent or disney to get the cruise assigned

Be sure you know what TA you wish to use. If you assign a TA and then later decide to remove them or change to another agency you will need the approval of your original TA to release the reservation back to you and many will not do that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter