• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Placeholder booking vs early booking.

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
I'm cruising from Sydney in October and it has just been announced that Disney will be returning down under again next year. Is it more likely to be cheaper to book as soon as the booking window opens? Or waiting until my cruise in October and paying for a placeholder booking? Or is the correct answer book when the window opens, and then cancel if a placeholder booking would be cheaper? :teeth:

You answered your own question! Yes, book now. Once you have the placeholder, check prices and if you can save money cancel and rebook with placeholder. Otherwise keep placeholder for booking 2025 cruise. They can be used within 24 months of booking.

Can you book online then call later to apply a discount?
I guess the cast member could do a cancellation and rebook on the phone if not?

Can you book online then call later to apply a discount?
I guess the cast member could do a cancellation and rebook on the phone if not?
No, you have to call to use the placeholder. I would not recommend to first book online and one hour later call to use placeholder. This will only drive up prices for yourself. Only if it was an incredibly popular booking where you afraid it could book out. But I don’t think any itinerary in this release would be in danger of that happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter