Placeholder deposit question

Kstatefan

Earning My Ears
It’s been awhile since I’ve used a placeholder. I know for non-blackout cruises there is a 10% discount on the list price but what is the “reduced deposit” amount? I was thinking it used to be 10% instead of 20% down. Somewhere I read that it’s $250 but wasn’t sure if that’s just the $250 I’ve already paid for the placeholder itself. So is the “reduced deposit” $250 off the deposit amount, or really just a $250 total deposit…or something else entirely? (I’d be using this on a 7 night sailing) Thanks

I just used mine today. The deposit is 10% of the list price and they subtract the $250 for the placeholder from the deposit amount for the amount due at booking or hold period.

It’s been awhile since I’ve used a placeholder. I know for non-blackout cruises there is a 10% discount on the list price but what is the “reduced deposit” amount? I was thinking it used to be 10% instead of 20% down. Somewhere I read that it’s $250 but wasn’t sure if that’s just the $250 I’ve already paid for the placeholder itself. So is the “reduced deposit” $250 off the deposit amount, or really just a $250 total deposit…or something else entirely? (I’d be using this on a 7 night sailing) Thanks
If you change it to a 7-night or longer sailing, the deposit is 10% of the cruise fare, minus the $250 you paid. If it's a shorter cruise the deposit is 20% of the cruise fare, minus the $250 you paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter