Placeholder with TA Quick Question

StlZNF

Mouseketeer
We booked two placeholders on our last cruise and put them under our TA. I just found out she is traveling all day on Wednesday (we are Silver) and won't be able to call until Thursday evening at the earliest. :( Is she my only option since they were booked under her? I cannot call and make a reservation with those placeholders, is that correct?

Thanks so much! I did do a search in the forums looking an answer.

Is there someone else in her office that will be able to take up that? Often TAs have people that cover for them in their office.

Is there someone else in her office that will be able to take up that? Often TAs have people that cover for them in their office.

Unfortunately I think it's just her. Thanks for the suggestion! She isn't an experienced Disney TA, but we used her before we started cruising, so....loyalty.

That’s terrible. I use a TA and she always has a backup TA or two. Did you email her? I know mine has changed her hours when an itinerary release occurs. Maybe she has a plan B in place.

Can you call, yourself, on silver day and put a 72 hour hold on it until she can finish the reservation?

Last edited:
Are you planning a sailing that might sell out, like a repositioning or the Hawaii? If not, maybe it's not so bad to have to wait a day. Maybe others can chime in on that?

Are you planning a sailing that might sell out, like a repositioning or the Hawaii? If not, maybe it's not so bad to have to wait a day. Maybe others can chime in on that?
it’s been my experience that the prices can go up by the hour. I remember the last opening day for platinum the price went up for someone while they were deciding on the phone! Yikes!

Granted that was for one of the new and unique itineraries that was super popular. Unless it is one of the Hawaii cruises (or I guess maybe one of the New Orleans cruises since I am about the only person in the Disney fan universe who doesn’t like that city and has no desire to go even for one night before a cruise), I don’t really see any on this release that would garner that kind of attention.

Granted that was for one of the new and unique itineraries that was super popular. Unless it is one of the Hawaii cruises (or I guess maybe one of the New Orleans cruises since I am about the only person in the Disney fan universe who doesn’t like that city and has no desire to go even for one night before a cruise), I don’t really see any on this release that would garner that kind of attention.

Whew! I have not once booked on opening day. Usually book less than a year out, sometimes just a few months out. I suppose if there is a downside to being able to book on Platinum opening day 1, it's that I cannot preview pricing and compare categories I would be happy with, etc, before I am able to actually book. I will be very surprised if the Hawaii sailings go bonkers on opening days since the previous Hawaii sailings were slow to sell out. But of course that doesn't mean that rooms won't go very quickly during the first few opening days..... we shall see. :cutie: I'm just hoping the prices won't be bonkers so I can just book and be done. ::yes::

Sometimes it’s not just the itinerary, it may be a specific room too. We like the 5E rooms, and some are harder to get.

Can you call, yourself, on silver day and put a 72 hour hold on it until she can finish the reservation?
Is this possible?? Would the OBB credit be applied after the fact? I’m not really interested in sitting on the phone with Costco for hours tomorrow

Is this possible?? Would the OBB credit be applied after the fact? I’m not really interested in sitting on the phone with Costco for hours tomorrow

I don't believe an OBB can be "applied" to any other reservation, including a courtesy hold. An OBB placeholder is a reservation in DCL's system with a regular reservation number. Booking separately, or placing a hold, would also result in a separate reservation number assigned to that booking. I don't believe DCL will merge them.

Enjoy your cruise!

Welp, after 2 hours on hold, they wouldn't let me book. :( And my first choice staterooms were available. I guess I've learned my lesson now.

Welp, after 2 hours on hold, they wouldn't let me book. :( And my first choice staterooms were available. I guess I've learned my lesson now.

Sorry you’re having a tough time. Hopefully you get a new TA. I used Dreams Unlimited and have always had great service. I’ve used them on my last 10 cruises. Not sure what cruise you are booking, hopefully not one of the harder ones. Good luck.

Sorry you’re having a tough time. Hopefully you get a new TA. I used Dreams Unlimited and have always had great service. I’ve used them on my last 10 cruises. Not sure what cruise you are booking, hopefully not one of the harder ones. Good luck.

Thanks! I found out she called last night and they told her I'd be able to book.

It's a spring break cruise, so it's not the hardest one, but there are very few to choose from this year.

I may need to search for a new one just for Disney, she just doesn't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter