Places Accepting Walk-Ups

SuperJ

Not born, but mostly raised in Disney
We decided somewhat last-minute to book a trip and therefore are out of luck for getting reservations (though we do keep checking for cancellations). It's also a quick trip so flexibility is limited, which of course limits chances of getting a cancellation that works. We're doing one day going to AK in the morning and HS in the evening (and a party at MK on a different day but we don't want to spend party time doing a dining reservation). Our top priority would be a character meal, specifically breakfast at Tusker House, but we know odds are slim. What we weren't sure of is whether it's worth trying to plan to being walk-ups if we don't have any luck grabbing a cancellation. We're usually pretty good planners, so not having the reservations is new for us - are there any restaurants where we could try to get a table as a walk-up or is everything reservation-only now? Late breakfast or a lunch at Tusker? Either lunch or dinner at H&V? If we can't get a character meal, lunch or dinner at Sci-Fi or 50s primetime? If it's not an option at all, also good to know so we're not wasting our limited time stopping by and asking.

Thanks in advance!

Try at 3, 2, and 1 days before, especially late night before. People cancel at the last minute so that they don’t get charged 10 dollars per person.

Having such limited time I wouldn't even bother with TS restaurants as it takes a lot of time out of the day.
Your best bet is to keep checking for cancellations especially in the last day or two.
If you can't get an ADR that means the restaurant is pretty booked and I would not count on a walk up.
If you were willing to got to less popular restaurants or resort/DS restaurants you'd surely find an ADR or could easily walk up but somewhere like Tusker House or Sci-fi its very unlikely.

Never give up on anything.

Today at lunch I sat on a bench in Epcot and started looking for a spot. Very surprised at the options.

EPCOT - almost everything, def not except Askershus.
Even Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Coral Reef all with a variety of times.

DHS - 50's, Hollywood & Vine, Brown Derby all available

MK - everything but CRT, even got a few times for BOG lunch

AK - Tusker and Tiffins both open, thought it strange Y&Y and RFC not showing but maybe day of they don't

BOG was also open for lunch and breakfast tomorrow so never ever give up!!

NOTE: There may have been plenty of dinners but I was looking only at lunch.

I would look for ADRs the night before, as said. There are times you can walk up, get turned away, and make an ADR for later.

At DHS, your chances of walking up anywhere are low because of the limited options there. Skipper Canteen is the easiest to get MK restaurant. At AK, Tiffins often has opens, and if you have a Landry's card either RFC or Yak & Yeti will work as walk-up.

A character meal, you will need an ADR. But may get one.

There are generally quite a few “last minute” openings that show up on the app. Of course the less flexible you are, the fewer options. It can’t hurt to ask at the podium but I’d check the app first. I’ve seen stories of people being told “ADRs only” who then go around the corner, book on the app and come right back and are seated. A couple of other potential tools - the Touring Plans reservation finder can help you “stalk” your top priorities (you’ll still have to log in to book), if Yak and Yeti of any interest a Landry’s card may be of value - you purchase but then get credit for meal and get priority seating. Depending on your party, lounges (which by definition don’t take reservations) might be a good option. Nomad in AK, Brown Derby in HS.

Last edited:

Keep checking for ADRs, they open the day before or day of.
While Disney doesn't seem to like walk ups as much, off hours still do work.

Sci-Fi has a few picnic tables at the back that are for walk ups. People with an adr are guaranteed a car, though they may request a picnic table.

50’s PT has a bar on the left where you can order off the menu.

I wouldn't bother to do a walk up, wouldn't be worth running around to different restaurants to me,:( possibly to hear no availability OR that there might be a reservation, if you want to wait an hour or so. As others have said, try night before our day of, for an ADR. Good luck!pixiedust:

I agree with @jerseygal I certainly wouldn't waste my time walking up. As @pumba stated, Disney often turns you away even when they have an ADR on the app.
I would check for cancellations and openings the day before, the night before and the morning of.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter