Places we ate last week.....

DaisyLou2

That scaffy witch gave me a gammy spell!
Planet Hollywood: We have eaten here before. I had the Cobb Salad and hubby had a sandwich…but I can’t remember which one. The salad was good (even DH liked it!) but I should have asked for my dressing on the side as I tend not to use much dressing myself. They are rather generous with it.
It's great to sit and look at all the stuff hanging on the walls and from the ceiling. It is very loud but we knew that already and enjoyed our time there.

Wolfgang Pucks: This was our second trip here. We had California Rolls to start and they were probably the best I've ever had. Excellent! Then we each had a pizza. I had the smoked salmon pizza and DH had pepperoni. My pizza was fabulous but big so I couldn’t finish it. My husband ate his pizza so I’m sure it must have been good. I forgot to get his immediate thoughts on it at the time. :)

San Angel Inn- Just stopped for a quick bite while we were drinking around the world. I wanted to try the Queso Fundido so this was a planned stop. The chips and salsa were delish as well as the Margaritas. The Queso Fundido was great. Hubby was a little disappointed as the menu said it was enough for two but you basically get one flour tortilla each which is enough for me as a snack but I guess not for him. It was after all an appetizer so I don’t know why he thought there was going to be really big portions. If I had not been sharing it I would say the two servings would be enough for a lunch…for me anyway. ;)

Biergarten: We had to go here as we had such a great meal here last year. It was just ok this time. I was a little disappointed. Though, I’ll tell you the pork, gravy and spaetzle was really good. But everything else I tried just wasn’t as nice as I remembered. Oh and I have to share this…there were kids running around all over the place. They had been dancing out in front of the band and that’s fine but then the band finished and the curtains closed and all of a sudden the kids were picking up the bells and ringing them and banging on the xylophone. Also running up onto the stage and screaming. It was mayhem. Three different cast members went over and asked the children to please stop and that they weren’t to touch the instruments and the same kids kept going back and doing it. I finally had to wonder if their parents were even in the restaurant at all or if they just dropped them off thinking this was a day care. My parents never would have put up with that type of behavior. Then I thought that it was just me and I was over reacting but the people we were seated with felt the same way. Anyway, I just had to throw that in there. I will go back to the Biergarten but I’m a little bummed with this most recent experience there.

Sci-Fi Dine In- Loved this! We got there around 11:30 and were seated right away. Our server was great! I had a bacon cheeseburger that totally hit the spot and DH had the Rueben sandwich that he inhaled. The whole atmosphere is fun and really just made for an enjoyable lunch.

Artist Point- We have eaten here before. We started with the venison spring rolls which were good and a little hot and spicy too which I enjoyed. DH was a little upset that they have made the "mixed grill" a seasonal item now. He was really looking forward to the venison, quail and elk. He had the buffalo instead. I had the flat iron grilled steak with horseradish butter, garlic mashed potato, and onion rings. It was seriously the best steak I ever had. I ate every single bite. Our server, Tarik, was great. When we were leaving he confessed that we were in fact the second table he had waited on by himself. He had just finished training. You would never know it.

Chefs de France- stopped here for lunch and we each had the croque monsieur (sp?). They were yummy but the fabulous toasted bread scratched up the roof of my mouth. :)

ESPN Club- went here twice to watch the Red Sox beat Oakland Saturday and Sunday. What a great place. It can get pretty crowded but we managed to finagle bar stools on both days. We had the wings the first day and the nachos the second. I highly recommend both. The wings especially!

:)

I also wanted to add that we had two PS's one for Artist Point that we didn't even need and the other for Biergarten which I'm glad we did have (it was pretty packed). All the other places we walked in and got a table immediately.

thank you for the reviews - the details are so helpful;

we have never been to Wolfgang Pucks and are thinking of trying it in December - did you have a PS? Do you need one? Do they have wine?

thanks for your help!

Mama Quack:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Sounds like a yummy trip. Thanks for the reviews.

Ive asked this before but cant seem to get a definite answer. Hoping you will remember. On the nachos at ESPN was it the real melted shredded cheese or that processed cheese sauce stuff(velveeta like)? That is my deciding factor in whether to get them or not...Im picky. ;) Thanks!

Real cheese! I am picky about that too. ;)

We didn't have a PS for Wolfgang's but you should probably make one. We tried to eat dinner there last year without one and the wait was too long.
And they have a very nice wine selection.

Sounds like a delicious trip you are having, may the weather be gracious to you and the waiting lines short!

::MinnieMo
Carol

Oh thank you Daisy Lou! I will finally be able to get them in December. Can wait!

Thanks Daisy Lou!!! Great review!

GO SOX!!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Great reviews - now jump on a plane and head back to ESPN! You may have been the good luck charm for the Sox! Sit at the same bar stool, wear the same clothes, . . . They need you today!!!

For sharing your reviews,sounds like you had some great food.:wave2: :goodvibes ::yes::

Great reviews - we loved AP as well and ate there twice a few weeks ago. I think that we had your waiter in training with our other waiters - he did a wonderful job describing and recommending desserts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter