places you love but wouldn't live there permanently?

Anywhere west coast. Too far from the rest of my family and a number of other reasons. And the northeast way too cold and a number of other reasons.

For me, it's Chile and Japan! I visited Chile last year, and it completely captured my heart with its whispers of the Andes and the mesmerizing blues of Patagonia. However, the isolation might eventually become a challenge for me, along with the language barrier since I don't know how to speak Spanish. Thankfully, I had the assistance of a guide from https://gowithguide.com/chile which enhanced my overall experience. As for Japan, the clash between neon lights and ancient temples creates a beautiful contrast. However, the constant contrast and workaholic culture may not be my cup of tea in the long run. Both countries are truly magical, but I see them more as destinations for visits rather than permanent moves.

USA. It's the country I have visited the most times (20+ holidays from the UK) but would not wish to live there. Maybe I've watched too much TV but the gun culture is frightening. Once when entering the Beach Club car park, after showing my UK driving licence as ID, the security guard said 'Is it true your police don't carry guns?', I said that was true, and he just shook his head in absolute amazement 😂

(PS This is not meant to offend or start an anti-gun conversation or the reverse, it's just my answer to the thread's question)

Orlando. I obviously go down there to WDW fairly often and I did sort of live there for a while working on a project for about 18 months. I don't think I would want to live there though. Too hot and muggy most of the time.

New York City. Love it in short spurts
Anywhere in Florida or Texas. We have friends who live in Florida 6 months a year but refuse to become residents because of the politics.
Anywhere that doesn’t get 4 seasons.
We planned to relocate but then decided to stay put during the pandemic. Now Fl politics has made it too sketchy. We need to know we will have social security and that we will be able to insure any home we buy. Insurance there is through the roof. But my daughter is there and we do love the weather so we keep going back.

USA. It's the country I have visited the most times (20+ holidays from the UK) but would not wish to live there. Maybe I've watched too much TV but the gun culture is frightening. Once when entering the Beach Club car park, after showing my UK driving licence as ID, the security guard said 'Is it true your police don't carry guns?', I said that was true, and he just shook his head in absolute amazement 😂

(PS This is not meant to offend or start an anti-gun conversation or the reverse, it's just my answer to the thread's question)
Funny my husband said that when we dated and my plan was to relocate to Scotland. He wound up really liking it here and moved although he did say if I lived anywhere besides New England he would not have moved. He said the people, the lifestyle is a lot like home except with blue skies and no sheep.

Most small towns. Fun to visit, but I think I'd get very bored if I lived there. Some specific ones around me are Munising, Copper Harbor, or Munising.

I so want to live in the UK.

Hong Kong, at least since the recent overreach by China (it's a long complicated story). A decade ago it would have been great to live there.

Agree with others that have said NYC. Love visiting there, but would never want to live there.
I would do it if I had a lot of money, but I don't want to spend half my salary renting a small 1br.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter