Plain white beds??

DisLaw

DIS Veteran
Hi!
Very excited for an upcoming first trip to CR! Yet, looking at recent pictures and seeing some posts it seems like the bed runner/scarf and accent/ throw/bolster pillows have all been removed? And not from just CR but other resorts? I know we were at GF and BC last May and both had all the pillows and the runner on the end of the beds which gave a nice splash of color to the room. Now it looks like the beds are unfinished or something! And the room, especially at CR just looks so white and blah!

Were people really taking these items from the rooms?? Isn't there something else that could be done to add some color to the room or make it look more finished? I do like a crisp white bed, but I'm thinking at least at Hampton Inns they use a white comforter which looks more finished than the white triple sheet thing going on at the Disney hotels.

Of course this is not a big deal but I just wondered what was going on and if anyone else noticed it.

What does everyone else think?

I think they are going to the plain white in all resorts. We stayed in AoA and Poly last week - and both were plain white. Runners were gone in both resorts. (Aloha bolster remained in Poly).

Personally, I don't mind. When I go in a hotel room, the pillows and any runners go right off the bed. I just don't trust that they clean them.

ETA - when we were at AKL in January, the runners were there.

I stayed at WL last month. There was no runner, but there was an accent pillow to give a little color.

Frankly, I never understood the purpose of the runner.

The bed was very comfortable.

I always thought the runner was there because people put their dirty suitcases on the bed to unpack and with the runner there it protected the sheets or comforter. But, who knows. The runner was there in May at BLT and Poly studios.

I always thought the runner was there because people put their dirty suitcases on the bed to unpack and with the runner there it protected the sheets or comforter. But, who knows. The runner was there in May at BLT and Poly studios.
That's what I thought too! Or to put your feet on while you were laying on the top of the bed? I have no idea!

I always took them off too but I guess I liked seeing them when the beds were made up. I was just struck by how bare the beds looked without anything at all.

I always thought the runners were in place of all over bedspreads. Years ago each resort had a specific bedspread then they changed to white with the runner if I remember correctly

I always thought the runners were in place of all over bedspreads. Years ago each resort had a specific bedspread then they changed to white with the runner if I remember correctly

Yes, people take them. Also, less turn around time on each room for housekeeping. Over time significant savings in labor cost as well as replacement costs.

Am I the only one that immediately takes off the runner and decorative pillows and throws them on the floor?

One less step for me....
Same here I only used the bolstering I needed to sit up and read in bed. Then it went back on the floor. We have stayed at several other hotels in the last2 years and they have for the most part gone to the all white theme.

Oh well! As I said I do like the all white for purposes of it looking very clean and crisp but maybe because its not a duvet or something that looks more finished I guess gives me the impression that the bed is half made? To me it just looks like a bed made with just sheets! Clean looking sheets which I appreciate but still sort of unfinished looking.

Thank heavens though the days of the yucky bedspreads are gone!! Those were gross and I always removed them. So I guess this is progress and not really anything to complain about!

Not the end of the world! Looking forward to our trip:)

Runners. They serve no purpose other than for color and aesthetics .... and for people to steal. o_O

I like the duvets. I am glad to see the conversion. I hated to walk in a hotel room, remove the runners, throw pillows AND comforter and stack on floor. At least now I let the gang use the duvet cover.

Disney can create warm and inviting rooms with color ... on the walls, try stealing those. I think it's a discussion again because the POP renovation aka hospital bedrooms have taken sterility to a new level. White walls with brown laminate screams for color, and folks are asking about the runner. I think their decorator screwed this one. They have a beautiful blue in the bathroom, how about one wall in the bedroom cause I will spend more time there than in the bathroom. But I also get that with such dark bulky furniture and bigger beds eating up most the room, they might have felt white made it look deeper/bigger ......... but a blue wall by bath would have made the room appear bigger.

This may sound weird but the laminate furniture, all the cubbies, the bigger beds making the room tighter .... I see a large cruise ship cabin. I see Disney going this route in the future, less homey, more function, easier to clean furniture and bedding ..... and let's face it, the more time you spend in your room the less money you are spending.

Last edited:
That's what I thought too! Or to put your feet on while you were laying on the top of the bed? I have no idea!

I always took them off too but I guess I liked seeing them when the beds were made up. I was just struck by how bare the beds looked without anything at all.

I liked the look of the runners! Plus we always made sure to put suitcases and feet on the runners to keep the bedding clean.

Oh well! As I said I do like the all white for purposes of it looking very clean and crisp but maybe because its not a duvet or something that looks more finished I guess gives me the impression that the bed is half made? To me it just looks like a bed made with just sheets! Clean looking sheets which I appreciate but still sort of unfinished looking.

Thank heavens though the days of the yucky bedspreads are gone!! Those were gross and I always removed them. So I guess this is progress and not really anything to complain about!

Not the end of the world! Looking forward to our trip:)

Yes, that is what I thought! The beds look like the maid didn't finish making them! I am happy to see the bedspreads gone, but I will miss the smaller runners for feet and cases.

Read on another thread that Disney removed the runners because too many of them were being stolen by guests. I don't like the trend of the rooms being more generic with a few small Disney touches. I like themed rooms!

I like theming as well!! In fact, i wish that they were heading towards more over the top theming like in the POR Royal Rooms or CBR pirate rooms. Instead, they are moving away from the magical Disney touches. Very sad!

Oh, and why would anyone want to steal those things??? They are meant to basically catch whatever is dirty! Yuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter