PlanDisney Panelist Search 2024 Applications Now Open

Hi everyone! I’m more of a lurker on these boards but I hope it’s okay to now join in. I’ve just received my email to say im through to round 2!
It’s my first time applying and im slightly shocked to have even made it this far but so excited to see what the rest of the process is going to look like.

I’m excited and grateful to be moving to R2! Congrats to everyone who also got a magical email today! And hugs to everyone who got the “thank you.” I’ve been there and it always stings. We put so much of ourselves into this process!

Now the wait until next Friday for me fellow R2 folks! I think this is both the longest amount of time between the emails and R2 opening, and the shortest time R2 apps are open!
Yay!!! Congratulations!!
I am also not a tech person so over the years I have watched many round 2 video submissions to know that you don't have to be "techy" with your video at all. Some have just used their camera phone, others have had more elaborate setups and both types have made the panel. I know a lot of people are intimidated to watch other round 2 submissions but for me, it helped me realize my awkward silly video was so much like many other awkward silly videos. I think this is the first year I actually get the whole "just be you" advice given for round 2 videos. Of course, I haven't started filming yet 😋
Thank you!!! This makes me feel better!! My authentic self will probably be awkwardly filming with my cell phone in bad lighting after an adult beverage (Disney themed perhaps?) to calm my nerves lol! 😂

Hi everyone! I’m more of a lurker on these boards but I hope it’s okay to now join in. I’ve just received my email to say im through to round 2!
It’s my first time applying and im slightly shocked to have even made it this far but so excited to see what the rest of the process is going to look like.
Never too late to join the fun! Welcome! What speciality have you applied for? (Oh, and big congrats!!)

Welcome to this crazy roller coaster ride!! And a big congratulations!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Hi there, glad I found this thread. I applied this year and got the email saying I am on to the next round. I see people stating that this involves a video? The email only states that the application will be opened on 9/8 and close on 9/12. I was figuring it would be more questions. I am away for work that weekend but will have my phone with me if I need to do something with it. I guess I can wait till the application window opens so I see what I have to do next. It's fun no matter what! Have a great labor Day holiday everyone :)

Hi there, glad I found this thread. I applied this year and got the email saying I am on to the next round. I see people stating that this involves a video? The email only states that the application will be opened on 9/8 and close on 9/12. I was figuring it would be more questions. I am away for work that weekend but will have my phone with me if I need to do something with it. I guess I can wait till the application window opens so I see what I have to do next. It's fun no matter what! Have a great labor Day holiday everyone :)
Congratulations!! Welcome to the round 2 waiting room! While nothing has been officially announced about round two of the applications, previous years there has been a few questions to answer as well as a video, typically must be 60 seconds. There are usually three different prompts you can choose from to answer in your video. That being said, none of us will know until around 2 opens up what will be required this year. Best of luck to you in round 2!

I made it to round two as well! I'm so excited because this is my first time applying!

I am going to go for a less edited vibe in my video- my goal is to find some time when my house is quiet (hard to do with a toddler and a husband who works from home!) and try to be myself. It's so hard though when the panelist seem so put together in their videos!

Sending pixie dust to all the other R2ers! :love:

Thank you!!
I’ve applied for DVC
Counting down the days until the applications open again!
Go Team DVC! ❤️ And I’m counting down with you. The anticipation of waiting for the applications to open again is ALMOST as bad as the anticipation of waiting for the emails after R1!

This is great advice!! Do they give you choices for your video prompt, or is there just one (varying depending on the specialty)? I think I’m a little stressed about the tech end of things, too. Tech is definitely not my strong suit. It’s not even my weak suit lol! Half the time I can’t figure out how to work my printer or phone, let alone make a video 😂

There were a couple of choices last year, which was helpful. Last year was the first year I applied but I was under the impression that several prompt choices is the norm.

Checking in on my R2 friends! Everyone hanging in there? I have major nervous excitement going on! I’m eager to finally see the questions and prompts. Good luck and pixie dust to y’all! 💖

Best of luck to you too! I'm actually shocked at how calm I feel over the whole thing. I think it just doesn't feel REAL. I'm hoping I can channel this peaceful energy into my video - maybe it will translate into something a little more natural this time. Looking back at last year's video I realize I sounded like I was doing the weather on the news 😂

Well, I pressed submit after 1000 takes and overthinking each and every word! I tried to do a video with different clips, but it felt forced and wasn't me. So in the end, the video that won was done in one take and according to my husband, "is the most natural and not overly cheesy."

Let's hope it is what they are looking for!

I have a love/hate relationship with my video but decided to finally submit my application tonight. In typical fashion, half a second after submitting I immediately panicked that I somehow deleted my video while scrolling down, and then regretted how I'd worded a certain phrase in one of my written answers. I think I need to listen to "Let It Go" and get some sleep lol! Regardless, I'm relieved it's finally out of my hands and grateful to be back in the waiting room. Good luck to those who've already submitted, and pixie dust to those still working on their applications!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter