• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planet Hollywood

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
Has anyone eaten recently at Planet Hollywood in Disney Village?

I was reading through the reviews on http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/ and they were not good at all.:crazy2: I know people tend to post bad experiences rather than good ones but even so.....

Shame, I've never been to a Planet Hollywood and rather fancied going, so if anyone can say they've been and had a nice time???

The last time we went to DLRP in July last year we ate in PH and swore never top eat there again - the service was slow and not particularly friendly and the food was not that nice either. We used to go on the first night because it's an easy option but after the last time and with so many great and much more 'Disney' options we won't be returning.

Been there last month and loved it as always. Never had a bad experience with the service or food...only bad thing happened last month was that DH forgot our cam at the chair and noticed it too late...so it was gone :earseek:

Greets Renate :wizard:

Rhiannon and I ate there in October and had a very nice meal and drinks. This was in my trip report: "Rhiannon managed to eat a whole calf plus several sackfuls of potatoes (veal & fries) but could hardly walk afterwards!! I had a very healthy chicken Caesar salad". So our experience was good. The decor is nowhere near as good as others I've been to but the food and service were fine.

Thanks for replying folks......now I don't know what to do!!!:confused3 It would have been a lot easier if you had both had a horrible time too, Di and Renate!!!!:rotfl2:
Sorry to hear about you losing your camera, Renate. :sad2:

We shall be going on our next visit , mainly cos the kids enjoy it ( & DH to be honest!)

We've also got Simons Guide to DLP & there is a discount coupon in there.

Haven't been for a few years but food always ok when we have been

Sue, it was partly the thought of 20% discount that attracted me!:goodvibes
I will be very interested to hear what you think of it when you go in June, especially with you having been before.

Hello :wave2:

I ate here last Sept and thought it was ok. have no idea what I ate, Probably burger & fries for me and a mega burger type thing (something with all the trimmings) for df. The two main things that stuck with me are 1 - the price of beer 13euro for 2 lagers (not even pints!) while we waited to be seated and 2 - Walking up so many stairs to get in then we were seated downstairs! I am not a big fan of stairs and this just seemed so impractical, Why isnt it an elevator on the way in? There were tons of people struggling with prams.

:flower:

Jodie

Feeling slightly dense :blush: as I had never spotted the discount in Simom's book.
Looks like we will be going to Planet Hollywood also, as we had always avoided it due to having a buggy - those stairs :sad2:

Reid

cyrano, There's an elevator from the gift shop to go upstairs and also another dining room on the bottom floor....

bartty

I've been there a couple of times with my family - my sister's a fussy eater, so the burger-heavy menu suited us fine!

It's a nice restaurant - you don't get as good an experience as you would in, say, the Blue Lagoon, and the food's not particularly adventurous, but we've always enjoyed it.

Just make sure you save room for the desserts - they're the best bit! :)

Never made it too the shop either, so looks like we'll have to pay more attention ;)

Reid

I thought the menu in this one was slightly better than the ones in the US as I prefer something a bit different to burgers and this one has a slightly different menu.

The interior as always has great theming.

Always good to try at least once.

Susan

diberry said:
Rhiannon and I ate there in October and had a very nice meal and drinks. This was in my trip report: "Rhiannon managed to eat a whole calf plus several sackfuls of potatoes (veal & fries) but could hardly walk afterwards!! I had a very healthy chicken Caesar salad". So our experience was good. The decor is nowhere near as good as others I've been to but the food and service were fine.

Not to be argumentative, but that's what we ate in Rainforest Cafe not PH! I had the LA lasagne in PH, which was fantastic, but I agree that the decor is not that great. If you've never eaten at a PH then it's worth it, just so that you can formulate your own opinion, but I think there are lots of other places with better decor and/or atmosphere (e.g. Rainforest Cafe).

Rhiannon :wizard:

I haven't eaten in the DLP Planet Hollywood - but must tell you why we didn't eat at Planet Hollywood in Orlando. A couple of years ago my DB took me DH DD and DS to Planet Hollywood Leicester Square as a treat. I thought it was good but the kids hated it.:confused3

So this April when I suggested dinner there during our WDW trip my DD Alice began singing
"It was blinging blinging but the food was minging minging":)

She really made us laugh and needless to say we weren't tempted!

Regards
Rosie

DisneyRGB said:
Not to be argumentative, but that's what we ate in Rainforest Cafe not PH!
Rhiannon :wizard:
Oops - you're absolutely right (as usual!!!!! :teeth: )Sorry! :worship:

Cyrano said:
Oh no Rhianon's back :teeth:

Hides behind the sofa quickly :moped:

Reid

Hmmmm, not sure whether I should be :mad: :mad: :mad: or :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: !!!!!

I'll let you off this time Reid ;)

Hi , well you will never know until you try yourself , diferent people have diferent expiriences. I must say that I didn't like it ,the food was not that good except for the dessert was delicious!, but considering the quality of the service that was terrible it's very expensive , I loved the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Fontierland , and in Disney Village Annette's Diner was good also (huge portions and the fod is great). All in all it's an over priced restaurant when you consider the food and the qiuality of the service you get. But like I said I think you should try it,maybe you have a god time there. expiri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter