Planning a birthday trip

DorotheaJN

Earning My Ears
We're (DH,DD16, Nephew 9y and me) will be travelling from Copenhagen to WDW in June

My Nephew doesn't know he is going yet, since it'll be his birthday present. He is totally crazy about pooh, and has been so for years, so the plan is to give him a card inviting him to dine with pooh and friends on his birthday !

I have already arranged with his parents that the official birthday party will take place a week before his actual birthdate, so he has all of 4 days to get ready to go !

So two days after we arrive DN turns 10. I have gotten PS for Breakfastosaurus in the morning on his birthday and are awaiting the 60 day mark to be able to make a ps for Crystal Palace

But now a few questions

We plan to buy park hoppers when we check in, but what happens when he turns 10 ? Should we buy an adult hopper for DN or do we have to have two separate hoppers - one child and one adult ?

We plan to give him a gift at Crystal Palace in the evening, but what about security ? I can't imagine being able to get a wrapped package through security. Anyone have any idea of how to decorate the package without causing trouble at the security check

Have anyone tried to get the Character at a character meal be the one who delivers the gift ?

Goodings seems to have some fabulous birthday cakes. Have anyone tried to order a birthday cake and what was your experience ?

A lot of questions - I hope that some of you may be able to anwer a few of them. I will be very thankfull for any help and suggestions you might have

Thanks in advance

Helle

1996 ASMu
1997 Offf-site
1999 ASMo
2000 ASMo
2002 CSR

2003 - CSR here we come 90 days and counting

In my experience you should buy a childs ticket ebcause DN will be a child when you buy the ticket, it is good for the rest of your trip even though she turns 10.

We had one of the princesses give DD a birthday gift on one trip and she was thrilled. Nothing better then one of your favorites 'remembering' your Bday. We didn't wrap it so I can't help there. What about a birthday bag with tissue paper?

Have a great trip!!!

Thank you very much for your information. I think I'll get a gift bag, that way we will have no trouble with security.

Now I only need to find out where to order a cake......

Helle

1996 ASMu
1997 Offf-site
1999 ASMo
2000 ASMo
2002 CSR

2003 - CSR here we come 89 days and counting

we celebrated my son's 6th birthday at wdw. make sure you nephew wears a "its my birthday" pin or sticker the entire trip.

also skip smuggling in a gift and go to giftsofalifetime and arrange an event, instead. Jane is great with themes and getting pooh involved would be a snap for her. it can be pricy, but maybe his parents would spring for it.

Also, mention it when you check in or submit a room request. we did and the cm turned up a 1/2 hour later with a card and balloons from mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter