Planning a trip in under 12 hours???

laraashley4

Mouseketeer
We are currently on the gulf coast and under mandatory evacuation due to the hurricane. We decided to evacuate to Disney world bc I just happened to have our AP cards in my wallet!! We are staying at the Wyndham in Disney springs. Sooooo, what should we do with such little notice? I don’t have ADRs or FP. I cant book FP for myself bc I am taking another trip in November and apparently I’m above my FP limit (which I don’t understand). Any suggestions? Also, my son (5) was never given an AP card (they told us to just use his magic band), so how am I going to get him in? I don’t have any magic bands with us.

How exciting! I hope you have lots of fun. I don't really know the answer to your question, hopefully someone on here does, but I imagine if you go to the guest relations window outside the park they will make you a card for him. You paid for the AP, so they have to help you use it.

If you have to evacuate that is the way to do it.

The FP+ limit for AP is 7 days or the number of onsite days booked, which ever is greater, si if you have that many booked for a future trip you are right. I would ditch 1 day of FPs from your future trip (whichever day is easiest to rebook based on attractions).

You will need to go to guest relations to get your son an AP card or magic band or you can buy him a new magic band and link it for him via MDE.

If you have to evacuate that is the way to do it.

The FP+ limit for AP is 7 days or the number of onsite days booked, which ever is greater, si if you have that many booked for a future trip you are right. I would ditch 1 day of FPs from your future trip (whichever day is easiest to rebook based on attractions).

You will need to go to guest relations to get your son an AP card or magic band or you can buy him a new magic band and link it for him via MDE.

Getting rid of your most expendable fast passes makes sense. After this trip, just rebook.

Since you're making a trip to guest services anyway, maybe see if it's possible to book FP without getting rid of any. I know the DS Wyndham is technically offsite, but since it's one of the DS hotels that has been getting on-site FP booking privileges and EMH, it might be possible that it "counts" as onsite but the reservation hasn't made it into MDX yet. I have no idea if this is the case, but I have read of people saying their DS reservations have had a lag of a couple of days before MDX picks them up. Have you tried manually entering the Wyndham reservation into your MDX? Worth a try anyway.

Getting rid of your most expendable fast passes makes sense. After this trip, just rebook.

Since you're making a trip to guest services anyway, maybe see if it's possible to book FP without getting rid of any. I know the DS Wyndham is technically offsite, but since it's one of the DS hotels that has been getting on-site FP booking privileges and EMH, it might be possible that it "counts" as onsite but the reservation hasn't made it into MDX yet. I have no idea if this is the case, but I have read of people saying their DS reservations have had a lag of a couple of days before MDX picks them up. Have you tried manually entering the Wyndham reservation into your MDX? Worth a try anyway.
I couldn’t manually add it. The cast member I spoke with told me it normally takes 72 hours for the third party reservations to available in MDE, but I’m going to keep trying!

I’m nervous to cancel any fastpasses for our trip in late November. Too many SDD and FOP that I just can’t give up!

It may end up being an entire trip of standby lines. We have a two year old daughter too, so maybe I can get some rider swaps off of fast passes I make for the boys.

I wouldn't worry about the ADRs. Check to see what's available now and book anything that looks good. Also, check when you arrive. People cancel ADRs the day before all the time.

Have a great trip!

I couldn’t manually add it. The cast member I spoke with told me it normally takes 72 hours for the third party reservations to available in MDE, but I’m going to keep trying!

I’m nervous to cancel any fastpasses for our trip in late November. Too many SDD and FOP that I just can’t give up!

It may end up being an entire trip of standby lines. We have a two year old daughter too, so maybe I can get some rider swaps off of fast passes I make for the boys.

At least you've got some FP for some of your party, and RS sounds like a good strategy. Hopefully the lines will be short, and, if not, you're able to enjoy some of the downtime attractions.

Another thought. Sometimes it's easy to focus on the things we have to reserve, and the "other" parts of Disney get forgotten. There are a couple of posts about how to slow it down and take it easy on a WDW vacation (I think they're under the Tips section) which might give you some ideas for non-ride things to do. I'm thinking that playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom or Agent P in the World Showcase might be a fun alternative to rides. I'm not saying don't keep trying to get your reservations linked and make fastpasses, but maybe this could also be an opportunity to enjoy some things you might not do every trip.

At least you've got some FP for some of your party, and RS sounds like a good strategy. Hopefully the lines will be short, and, if not, you're able to enjoy some of the downtime attractions.

Another thought. Sometimes it's easy to focus on the things we have to reserve, and the "other" parts of Disney get forgotten. There are a couple of posts about how to slow it down and take it easy on a WDW vacation (I think they're under the Tips section) which might give you some ideas for non-ride things to do. I'm thinking that playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom or Agent P in the World Showcase might be a fun alternative to rides. I'm not saying don't keep trying to get your reservations linked and make fastpasses, but maybe this could also be an opportunity to enjoy some things you might not do every trip.
Yes! This is the kind of stuff I am thinking. I am normally a plan 180+ days out type person, so this level of Disney spontaneity is new to me and we really need to take advantage of the things we don’t normally do. Especially since I think it may be relatively crowded with fall break travelers. I’ll go look for those posts now.

Just spoke with a different cast member who told me that we should be able to make in park day of fastpasses each individual day and that the limit is only on advanced fp reservations. Anyone know if this is true? I can handle making day of fastpasses!

Just spoke with a different cast member who told me that we should be able to make in park day of fastpasses each individual day and that the limit is only on advanced fp reservations. Anyone know if this is true? I can handle making day of fastpasses!
Yes this is what I had to do when my FP limit was meet and I was staying off sight just do day of FP right when you tap in to the park you have to do this each day but your at Disney you could be in north west FL where the hurricane will go right over you ( well really the right half of it) so have fun the next few days and stay safe

Yes this is what I had to do when my FP limit was meet and I was staying off sight just do day of FP right when you tap in to the park you have to do this each day but your at Disney you could be in north west FL where the hurricane will go right over you ( well really the right half of it) so have fun the next few days and stay safe
Yes. No matter what it will be better than riding out the hurricane. Just hope we still have our family vacation home in PCB to come back to when this is all said and done.

I love spontaneity, so this sounds like a lot of fun! And, it sounds like you have the right attitude to have a great time!

Yes. No matter what it will be better than riding out the hurricane. Just hope we still have our family vacation home in PCB to come back to when this is all said and done.

Yes! Hoping for the best for you and all your neighbors!

Your in PCB I too hope your home is OK I am not too fair from there. Be safe coming back to your vacation home make sure you gas your car when your down there as gas is already running out here

Although a horrible reason for a spontaneous trip but I’m willing to bet it’ll be one of your best yet.

Wander, eat, hop on a few low wait rides here and there. Do whatever whenever.

The best moments for our family came from things that were not only not planned, but not even on our radar.

Do the pirate scavenger hunt (forget what it’s called) if you haven’t done that. Great excuse to stop off for a Dole float too!

Get silhouettes cut on Main Street, and stop for some ice cream or Starbucks.

Or get a spooky portrait made at Memento Mori. Ride the riverboat and go to Tom Sawyer Island. Stop and watch the Muppets. Grab a snack at Sleepy Hollow.

See my theme??!? Hope you enjoy your trip and that everything is safe and sound at home when you return.

I went down last weekend, no FP+ and no ADR. I had no problem booking FP+ all three mornings. We booked ADR while sitting on a bench in the park two days. No problems. Be flexible and enjoy the extra trip there. As cgattis says it's a great trip to do the little things that are often missed. Last trip we watched the glass blower on Main Street create a glass pumpkin, the recognition of a veteran, the Muppets, watched the manatees at Living Seas get fed lunch .... and alternating that stuff with traditional attractions.

And yes, Disney Springs Wyndham is ON Disney property and has access to EMH (you've missed the 60 day FP+). And yes GR can replace his AP (I've done it) but now I always carry our APs in my wallet and keep extra MB in my car.

PS My friend who lived in S FL always evacuated to Disney for storms.

I just realized my parents left today for gulf shores. My dad said everything is okay with them. Hopefully their trip is still good.

I just realized my parents left today for gulf shores. My dad said everything is okay with them. Hopefully their trip is still good.

They are a good ways from where the hurricane will hit and then once the storm passes the weather looks good. From where are they driving?

If your talking about Alabama they should be fine they are on the western side of the hurricane witch is the weaker side and last I hard the hurricane was moving a little to the east.

They are a good ways from where the hurricane will hit and then once the storm passes the weather looks good. From where are they driving?
They’re driving from the Midwest. I didn’t even look at where the hurricane was going but I’m glad it’s not their way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter