• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning a trip to Aulani but need to know about hidden fees

KJET54

Mouseketeer
I am hearing about a tourist tax and a transit tax. We are staying in a studio pool view for 8 days. We are DVC member but Aulani is not our home resort. Can anyone give me an estimate of what the extra taxes will be when I check out? I have read that it can be about an additional 25 percent of the daily cost x 7 nights. Is this true? Thanks

I believe you will only have to pay the transient tax if you stay on points (even if they're not your points).

If you book a cash reservation you will pay the hotel tax, a ge tax, and the transient tax. The Aulani website will generate a quote that includes these taxes so there are no surprises when you arrive at the resort.

For my Aulani stay later this month I paid $389/night for a partial ocean view (kamaaina rate) plus $58 for taxes. So taxes are high but not quite 25%.

I am hearing about a tourist tax and a transit tax. We are staying in a studio pool view for 8 days. We are DVC member but Aulani is not our home resort. Can anyone give me an estimate of what the extra taxes will be when I check out? I have read that it can be about an additional 25 percent of the daily cost x 7 nights. Is this true? Thanks
Yiu will have to pay the transient accomodations tax which is no more than $9 a night for pool view studio.

Yiu will have to pay the transient accomodations tax which is no more than $9 a night for pool view studio.
Depending on dates (so really, depending on points required) Pool View studio ranges from $8.88-$11.20/nt

Parking can be an additional cost, but there is no charge for parking if you are staying on points.

Other fees would be:
Drink mug (unlimited soda, water, coffee, tea) 18.99
parking $37 per day
Landry is probably $2 per wash and $2 per dry

Food is pretty pricey at the resort itself.

Other fees would be:
Drink mug (unlimited soda, water, coffee, tea) 18.99
parking $37 per day
Landry is probably $2 per wash and $2 per dry

Food is pretty pricey at the resort itself.

If you are staying on DVC points in a studio, using washer and dryer are complimentary. Just have to ask the front desk clerk for the tokens. Same method if you are staying in a studio at grand californian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter