Planning an Easter Visit

Staceyt

Earning My Ears
:hyper:
Hi all
I am hoping to get to WDW around the Easter period.
Can anyone help me out with what the crowds are like, wait times for rides....
Also do Disney do any Easter Egg hunts, parades etc..... :cheer2:

T.I.A

It's one of the busiest times of year if it coincides with spring break, so make sure you go prepared :) any crowds are manageable with a bit of planning.

Someone said on the main board that the Anna&Elsa wait time was 7 hours!! It's crazy.

Anyway - welcome :) have you visited WDW before?

It's one of the busiest times of year if it coincides with spring break, so make sure you go prepared :) any crowds are manageable with a bit of planning.

Someone said on the main board that the Anna&Elsa wait time was 7 hours!! It's crazy.

Anyway - welcome :) have you visited WDW before?

Hi,
yes we have been Christmas and twice in September/October time.
wanted to try a different theme, and was hoping Easter was going to be nice
as we will be bringing our then 2 year old granddaughter

The weather should be very nice at that time of year! If you've done Christmas then Easter will be a walk in the park :)

I don't know if they plan any Easter related activities - I don't know of any personally, but we haven't done April.

Easter is busy! Last Tuesday the wait time for Soarin was 260 mins and using a FP still took 30 mins at 11am. Even the smaller attractions such as living with the land and figment had 30 min wait times.

Monday at MK was really busy too - Space Mountain had a 90 min wait for example.

The is an Easter egg display at the GF and a paid for Easter Egg hunt in Epcot which you get a prize for conpleting.

If you want a quieter time early May is nice. Flower & Garden is still on at Epcot, weather is good and crowds relatively low.

Weather is gorgeous. The week before Easter and the weekend itself is rammed. If you don't arrive at the parks early, expect long, long waits (we usually the Universal parks and find waits for most things being 60-180 minutes from 11am). I have never seen any Easter related events other than occasionally at hotels (kids Easter egg hunt usually) - in fact, we never remember it's Easter when we are out there, so if you're looking for a "theme", I wouldn't recommend it.

We've been at Easter. It is mobbed almost as bad as Christmas (but not as bad)! Nothing Easterish at all when we were there apart from an egg hunt at POFQ and a character meeting with Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny at POFQ.

Nice weather. Better than Christmas holidays weather.

I could not buy an Easter egg anywhere on property. I was horrified having two very young children at the time.

It's like Christmas. You can't buy a roll of wrapping paper anywhere on property.

Both very odd things IMHO!

We went last Easter and going again next Easter. It does make a different when Easter falls in relation to spring break. Next year main spring break season will be mainly over, the week before Easter will be very busy but we spend the first few days getting our feet anyway. We intend to fly out Good Friday and then by the Tuesday after Easter Monday things should be settling down.

Last year Easter was similar and thought it was great. We had a 4 year old boy and a 7 year old girl. We stayed at Riverside and did the Easter egg 'scramble' they made a huge butterfly in different sweets and then in age groups 'released' the kids to gather up what they wanted. GF Easter Egg display was amazing the detail was fantastic.

Character greetings with the Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny, this year the trail in Epcot.

Also we loved the weather, it was perfect nearly every day. So we have converted from August to Easter *so long* as our school holidays start with Easter weekend to get the ambience of a 'holiday', with good weather, Flower and Garden it will be Easter from now on.

just seen the easter prices, this is enough to put me off :scared1: might have to go back to october!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter