• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning first trip to Aulani summer 2024

bgda24

Mouseketeer
DVC Premium
We are planning our first trip to Aulani and are looking for advice/suggestions.

We are planning our first trip to Aulani and are looking for advice/suggestions.
Excited for you! Especially if it's your first time to Hawai'i...prepared to be blown away!

My family also, mid-July 2024, can't wait!
Staying about seven nights. We have a 10 year old. Our friends with a 7 and 12 year old will be staying next door at the Marriott villas at the same time. It's everyone's first time and we're on the hunt for ideas too.

we are debating going to aulani july 2024 as well. My (then) 8 year old, my husband & me.

Define "we" ...
What do you like to do?
How long are you staying?
Remember we are all extreme planners on this board and we can’t be expected to give dimple answers!!!! We also need your entire life history and aspirations first!! 😂😂😂

Seriously, just like planning a trip to WDW, there are some overarching things you should address first to help scope what kind of trip you’re planning:
-First time to Aulani or to Hawaii at all? It matters if you want to see Hawaii or just a lovely resort, Aulani.
-Are you looking to adventure or relax? Or sone of both?
-Ages of your party? Helps to know what activities better suit those age groups.
-Just Oahu or other islands too? If you want to see lava, or black sand, or (insert other amazing Hawaiian thing) you may need another island too.
-Are you more into exploring on your own or taking tours? Interested in museums or just nature? Into beaches or just pools? There are s million things to see and do, you just have to pick which ones interest you most.
-is there a reason you can’t rent a car? Because if you CAN, you most likely should.
-To luau or not to luau? You may not even realize how life-alteringly important this question is!! LOL But plenty of options and equal number of opinions on this one.

There’s plenty of room on this board, so don’t be shy to start your very own “help me plan a trip” thread that’s more customized to your wants. That won’t stop you from obsessively reading every.single.other.thread too 😃

And whatever you do, don’t think “this is a once in a lifetime trip…..” 99% probability you’ll be planning the next one before you finish the first one! Aloha!!

Following- planning to go in 2025 (seems so far away)

We would likely be looking at April break or summer because the school calendar and I don’t want the trip to be rushed. We hope to do 2 or 3 days in Disneyland and then head the rest of way (we’ll be coming from the east coast)

It will be my husband and I and our (soon to be) 3 kids. They will be 9,6, and 1 and 1/2.

Does anyone have a comprehensive timeline of what can be booked when (and how)— I believe the timing varies for everything. We are interested in:
1. Character breakfast + speciality dining
2. Renting chairs or cabanas
3. Luau
4. Excursions (surf lessons)
5. Time for kids at the kids club
6. Anything else I should be thinking about?

We are a family of 5 with a grandma and two kids (7+9), and we’ve been to all the Hawaiian islands and mostly want to relax, but would consider some unique to Oahu adventures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter