Planning for 2017 - Decisions to be made

I´m waiting for a -30% (or better) and kids under 12 free offer on the GB site because the GBP exchange rate are good for us at the moment. :rolleyes1

Update:

If I book with the free meal offer and I would add two persons at the ckeck-in will they get the free vouchers also?

I don´t think so, am I right?

No, no meal vouchers if you do the 'room tax' route. Only breakfast (if you book now, as oppose to waiting after the end of October (not sure of exact date) when bookings won't include breakfast). I also read a rumour that the 'room tax' route will stop - I can't say I'm surprised as it does seem a little odd that it can be sooo cheap if you have an AP?! But if it does, when it does, no one knows.

Thanks and I have to clear that again for myself.

The new breakfast option will be going from bookings after October 2016 on.

That means that I would book now with any offer to save the breakfast option!

Now I´m in panic. :eek::eek:

UK gives me 25% and free half board which I never did before. Due to the exchange rate this is the best offer at the moment for me.

Swiss has 30% and under 12 free but way more expensive.

Spain has 2 nights free but at the same cost as the UK offer.

I guess I could save me some meals getting the UK offer then buying them inside the park.

So I guess I will do this:

Book the UK offer during the week for us all & saving me the breakfast option.

Not adding 2 persons at the check-in to avoid paying breakfast for them

Saving money for lunch because we get the half board meal option for us all

Feel the magic

or I could do this

Wait for good offers after October 2016 which I guess will be room rates without breakfast

and then add two persons and thinking about paying breakfast or not

I hate all these plannings.....:rotfl2:

Last edited:
Thorsten - no one knows yet what will happen with breakfast to be honest. Many people believe it may become wrapped and offered in a 'half board' offer - so if you book half board, you get breakfast and another TS meal somewhere.... I think this may happen but can't be sure. Of course, this will only work if you book your whole party in the room.

I do believe DLRP will stop the 'room tax' route of booking before long, problem being how will they implement it. It might be that people plan visits, buy APs and then if Disney drop the option, then that will no longer be available. It's not like they need to honour a booking as you don't book your AP 'friend' into the room until check in. If you see what I mean. I too was looking at APs for next May, but I'm feeling very uncomfortable about buying them and using this route in case they pull it before then. I'm not saying they will, but they could as I really don't think it makes them money. AFAIK this option isn't written into the terms and conditions of APs (I haven't seen it anyway but if someone else says it's there, then fine). So there would be no reason for Disney to keep allowing this with existing APs until they expire, in my mind anyway.

I think it's going to be booking towards the end of October from what I've read that won't get breakfast anymore.

I am going to hang on as none of the current offers give me a good price - or one I'm happy with. The best one was the Irish one but standard rooms have gone and I'm not paying £300 more for a terrace room - it would be even more now the euro rate is so dire. So I'll wait....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter