Planning for May 25 through May 30, Guardians?

Mr. Baloo

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Long time Disney guy here.. but this week has me a little stumped. We had actually planned to be, and have had a park reservation for weeks, before they announced the opening of Gardians Cosmic Rewind decided to open the day we are there.

Question, we don't really feel like waiting 3 hours in line to be the first to ride. Those days have sailed as I have gotten older. Would would you do. Visit the rest of Epcot while everyone is in line at Galaxy? or switch to another park all together. Knowing that the herd of people will be at other parks that week. Hence, making every day a little more crowded since we will mostly be on the same park rotation.

Thinking of switching parks... what are your thoughts???

Baloo

I like Epcot, especially in May, in the evening. If you've PH tickets, I'd switch and hop to Epcot in the evening (when it's cooler!).

Hi everyone,

Long time Disney guy here.. but this week has me a little stumped. We had actually planned to be, and have had a park reservation for weeks, before they announced the opening of Gardians Cosmic Rewind decided to open the day we are there.

Question, we don't really feel like waiting 3 hours in line to be the first to ride. Those days have sailed as I have gotten older. Would would you do. Visit the rest of Epcot while everyone is in line at Galaxy? or switch to another park all together. Knowing that the herd of people will be at other parks that week. Hence, making every day a little more crowded since we will mostly be on the same park rotation.

Thinking of switching parks... what are your thoughts???

Baloo

No advice, but I’m in the same boat! I have to go over Memorial Day Weekend due to scheduling and already anticipated crowds because, well, I’ve been reading these boards since I booked months ago haha. If it works out to ride it, great, but in general I’m thinking I’ll try to avoid it. Guess we’ll see. I feel like I don’t know anything anymore given the new G+/ILL system.

If you decide to switch Epcot days, better do it soon. This morning, Epcot shows as "booked up" for May 23. It's the only day after May 4 with any booked up park, but I suspect we will see more soon.

I would switch if you have no interest. I think it will make Epcot too busy as people try for a chance at the ride.

We are scheduled to be there pretty much during the same time and we have deliberately chosen to visit Epcot on May 30. Of course that was before the GOTG announcement but I think we have a solid plan. Plus I wonder if Disney will utilize the virtual queue and ILL options which means you not only will need a reservation to get into the park but will need a “reservation“ of sorts to ride the new ride.

Our plan on May 30: We are sleeping in and enjoying a leisurely breakfast then heading to the park in the late afternoon. Hop we will obtain GOTG as a ILL or virtual queue (if available) for sometime in the evening and use Genie+ for other rides. We have Rose and Crown for dinner and plan to stay for Harmonious and then enjoy the extended hours for deluxe guests - possibly jumping in the GOTG queue if it is open. We also have another Epcot day scheduled during our visit. So hopefully this strategy will work for us as we try to dodge the crowds.

My guess is that Disney will use ILL$ and a VQ for GotG, not a physical standby line. That would control the number of people entering Epcot as well as prevent a long line snaking through the park. That’s just my guess, though; AFAIK Disney hasn’t said yet what their plans are.

Edited to add - if they do a VQ the same way they did for RotR and Remy, with VQ drops in early AM and again at 1 PM, that will mean an Epcot park reservation is essential for the day you hope to ride GotG.

We have Epcot for May 28. I’m waiting to see how they will do the lines, VQ, $ILL before I make my final decision. We would like to do it but also not interested in a 3 hour standby line. We have hoppers and I don’t think the rest of the parks will sell out. I do think that Epcot’s World Showcase will be crazy at night for that weekend so we are planning on hopping to a different park.

If you decide to switch Epcot days, better do it soon. This morning, Epcot shows as "booked up" for May 23. It's the only day after May 4 with any booked up park, but I suspect we will see more soon.
Just curious if you know why May 23 would be booked up since it’s before the Guardians ride opens? I’m bringing my daughter for her birthday that week so I’m just trying to gauge what to expect for crowds and events going on.

I've got Epcot booked for 27th, 30th and 31st - I may regret being there for opening day but I'm thinking it'll be fun to be there for the madness! And we can always bail out if it's a disaster. Then the two back-up days to make sure we can get on the ride!

Just curious if you know why May 23 would be booked up since it’s before the Guardians ride opens? I’m bringing my daughter for her birthday that week so I’m just trying to gauge what to expect for crowds and events going on.

Likly some kind of Event taking place and Disney wants to limit crowds....

General Media Invited.... maybe Good Morning America broadcasting.

We have Epcot reservations for 5/28 and 5/30. We do have hoppers and we are hoping to do get VQ or buy ILL, but I have no expectations. It will be crazy busy, but we planned on doing Flower and Garden when we booked this trip. GotG opening is just a bonus. We will be there again for a week at the end of August so I feel we will be able to ride it at some point. I am very glad we made park reservations months ago - we have already made our reservations for August based on what I’m seeing here.

We are scheduled to be there pretty much during the same time and we have deliberately chosen to visit Epcot on May 30. Of course that was before the GOTG announcement but I think we have a solid plan. Plus I wonder if Disney will utilize the virtual queue and ILL options which means you not only will need a reservation to get into the park but will need a “reservation“ of sorts to ride the new ride.

Our plan on May 30: We are sleeping in and enjoying a leisurely breakfast then heading to the park in the late afternoon. Hop we will obtain GOTG as a ILL or virtual queue (if available) for sometime in the evening and use Genie+ for other rides. We have Rose and Crown for dinner and plan to stay for Harmonious and then enjoy the extended hours for deluxe guests - possibly jumping in the GOTG queue if it is open. We also have another Epcot day scheduled during our visit. So hopefully this strategy will work for us as we try to dodge the crowds.
Doubt Guardians would be included straight away for extended hours. It took a while for Remy to get added to extended hours. Especially if Guardian starts as virtual queue.

Doubt Guardians would be included straight away for extended hours. It took a while for Remy to get added to extended hours. Especially if Guardian starts as virtual queue.
I believe you are right. We have several options open. Just hoping one of them pans out over opening weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter