Planning Help - Festival of the Arts - Only Weekend Hours?

Frankiemack

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I'm digging in to the planning process for our daddy/daughter (DD10) trip - 1/19 to 1/24 and could use some advice. We're doing Base Tickets, 1 park a day for 4 days 1/20 through 1/23 and I want to plan out our FP+ plans. We're closing in on the 60 day mark and need to nail down a park schedule!

Although MK has been a staple on our first park day, and it is a recommended park on Sunday the 20th, I can't convince myself it will be tolerable as it is Sunday of MLK weekend. So, rather than first, I switched it to last day of our trip - which also happens to be an EMH day. My original thoughts/plans are:

Sunday, 1/20: AK
Monday, 1/21: HS
Tuesday, 1/22: EP
Wednesday, 1/23: MK (EMH 8pm - 10pm)

BUT - it looks like Disney is listing hours for Festival of the Arts on the weekend only! I know Disney on Broadway is daily now however having never been for FOA, I'm curious if we will miss out on other features/experiences if we do not go on the weekend?

Any thoughts on my park plans and/or insight into FOA experiences on weekends vs weekdays would be greatly appreciated!

Why don’t you do Epcot on Sunday if you need to do some of the weekend only activities. AK on Tuesday may give you a chance of a FP for FoP.

From the same website regarding Festival details, here are daily activities:
  • Animation Academy
  • Artful Photo Ops
  • Art on Demand
  • Festival merchandise
  • Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
  • Galleries – with the opportunity to purchase pieces from participating artists
  • Expression Section: A Paint by Number Mural
  • Workshops and seminars with visiting artists
Event Details

• Locations throughout Epcot
  • Daily, January 18 to February 25, 2019 (workshops are offered Friday to Monday only)
  • Epcot admission required
  • Events are subject to change or cancellation without notice

Why don’t you do Epcot on Sunday if you need to do some of the weekend only activities? AK on Tuesday may give you a chance of a FP for FoP.

From the same website regarding Festival details, here are daily activities:
  • Animation Academy
  • Artful Photo Ops
  • Art on Demand
  • Festival merchandise
  • Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
  • Galleries – with the opportunity to purchase pieces from participating artists
  • Expression Section: A Paint by Number Mural
  • Workshops and seminars with visiting artists
Event Details

• Locations throughout Epcot
  • Daily, January 18 to February 25, 2019 (workshops are offered Friday to Monday only)
  • Epcot admission required
  • Events are subject to change or cancellation without notice
Thanks for the info and suggestion. I think my DD10 would like to see and participate in some of the FOA activities so may have to swap my plan as you suggest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter