planning help needed

mom22belles

<font color=red>Welcomed Guest<br><font color=teal
Hello all I am not really new here, I have posted in the past using nancy13. I haven't posted anything in a long time ( 1 year ). What I need help with is planning. DH has the week before Xmas off and has said I can plan I trip to WDW except it will have to be a driving trip. We will be travelling with 2 DD ( 4 and 6mnths) as well we will have FIL 81 who is in a wheelchair ( will post on other board about access questions). Planning on leaving on the 14 and coming back on 22. We haven't driven down in about 10 years and the longest car ride the girls had was 6 hours. We are not 1st timers in fact this is trip #4 to WDW for oldest DD so there is no need to do "everything" . Help

Nancy
P.S. I know someone on here suggested the book Along the I 75 but Indigo says it is out of print.:mad:

Along 1-75 by Dave Hunter is an invaluable resource. It reprints each fall - around October so perhaps that is why it is out of print. We have checked it out from the library for previous trips to save the ~$25 on the book.

We have driven with a then 14 month old and a 4 year old (who had just broken his arm). We found that a tv/vcr combo was very helpful. We could turn on a movie, do a bit of drawing and eat something and then it was time for a break of some sort (washroom, gas etc.).

I found that eating in the car was helpful because they didn't want to sit in a resturant after being strapped in the car, so we used all of our stops for stretching. We liked the rest stops because I would take the four year old in the grassed area and run around with him to burn off a little energy.

Not to scare you, but friends did the drive from Toronto area with parents in their 70's and found that they wanted sit down meals but that didn't work for the kids in tow!

With some planning and work on your part it can work.Good luck!

We have travelled with FIL in the past (before being confined to a w/c) and he lives with us. So he knows the score when it comes to the Kids. Whenever we travel food on the road is generally a drive thru sort of thing. Thanks for the info on that book I will keep my eyes out to see if it comes in. Nancy

Nancy, check your local CAA for the book. That's where I always get mine! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter