Planning Lunch at Coral Reef???

marjie8230

Mouseketeer
I am planning a PS lunch at Coral Reef in Epcot but have heard no good reviews really and I know they're expensive. I was also hoping they would be a patron of the Vacation Kingdom Lunch Voucher Program but they aren't.

My husband is an avid fisherman and I know my kids would like the tanks but I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

Would appreciate any suggestions you all may have. I am also considering Le Cellier Steakhouse, Garden Grill, Biergarten but I don't know much about them either.

Feedback please.

There lobster bisque is fantastic.....I could make a meal just out of that. We ate there for lunch the last time we were there, and the meal was great. We would have planned it again, but we are going on the silver package this time and it took 2 wishes and didn't want to use them on lunch. Couldn't work it work it out for dinner, and I am actually going to miss it. Hope this helps. The tanks surrounding the tables were amazing. We had a table right up next to the windows. The view was fabulous.

Coral Reef is probably the only place the 4 of us have had a $130 lunch and left hungry. Ridiculously small portions for laughably high prices.

Nice atmosphere though.

Yes it is pricy but very neat with the tank and being able to see all the fish. We are a family of 4 and I ordered off the kids menu, the 8$ chicken plate and that was large enough for me. I can't eat fish, it doesn't agree with my tummy, but hubby loves fish and I knew the kids would like it.

Will I do it again? Sure but not anytime soon, I want to try other places first.

We love Coral Reef!!! YUM!

DH and I always get our own lobster bisque and then share an entree. Plenty of food for us.

The atmosphere is amazing, it's one of my favorite restaurants.

Tamie

I'd asked the question on another thread and was bombarded with people telling me it is too expensive and not worth it. Not to say that I was told it was bad. Nothing at WDW is "bad". It just doesn't seem to be worth it. And having looked over the menus if the portions are what I've been told the price is not justifiable.

I'm also going on the silver so that just made the decision easier. It seems I can get a meal at Le Cellier that costs the same with more food for half the wishes.

We ate there on our last visit! We loved it sooo much, that we will visit Coral Reef again for lunch. I think it is worth it...and we all left full! You can be sure I will be ordering that Lobster Bisque and Chocolate Wave again! Also, Coral Reef only requires 1 wish!

I will definitely agree that it is overpriced and not worth it. As far as the atmosphere goes, after having eaten at Sharks Underwater Grill at Sea World I was sorely disappointed by the atmosphere at Coral Reef.

I think how much you enjoy Coral Reef ties into how much you enjoy Living Seas. To me Living Seas is ok, but it is missing sharks and lacking in colorful tropical fish (which would make it cool).

-Josh

I have eaten here three times. Twice for lunch and have not enjoyed my entree. But….we went somewhat after the lunch crowd and before the dinner crowd for desert. Had a great time. They even did a substitute on one item for food dislikes. Service was excellent.

AspiringCindy,
All of the brochures and sites I've looked at list Coral Reef (and several others) as a two wish restaurant on the silver but only a one wish on the gold. Which were you on? Do they charge less for lunch but just not advertise it?

My DH and I enjoyed our dining experience at Coral Reef. However, it was expensive. We sent the two teenage boys off to Disney Quest and we dined alone that night. The cost for two adults was $65.00 (with tip) which included two entrees and one dessert. DH may have had a cocktail (can't remember). The portions were adequate

The atmosphere was amazing. We were seated on the lowest level, but not right next to the tank. The view was still very good from our table.

We would return to the Coral Reef but only for a special occasion dinner.

I'm the most shocked that Coral Reef gets such mixed reviews. We went there (ok, only once) and had the best meal I've ever eaten. I'm so sad for others who've had a bad time. I'm sorta afraid to go back in case our meal was a fluke but I know we will. It holds a special place in my heart since we went on our honeymoon.

Originally posted by CharlesandCamilla
AspiringCindy,
All of the brochures and sites I've looked at list Coral Reef (and several others) as a two wish restaurant on the silver but only a one wish on the gold. Which were you on? Do they charge less for lunch but just not advertise it?

We had the Silver Plan! It was myself, DH, DD9,DD8 & DD1! We actually only used 2 wishes total...then payed cash for the kids meals($5.95). We then used the extra wishes for legacy tiles and other meals! Our trip was in Aug. 2002...so things may have changed! I'll have to call!

Tiff, I know what you mean!!! We absolutely loved the place! I have eaten at almost all the Epcot Restaurants atleast once and would not hesitate to return!

Just called and spoke to a CM about the wishes! They did up it to 2 wishes! What a ripoff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter