Planning our first trip to Aulani early spring/Summer 2024

bgda24

Mouseketeer
DVC Premium
Looking for tips regarding how long to stay, when to go and what other Islands to visit. Its our first time to Hawaii

Guidelines that would help are things like how budget vs. splurge are you trying to go, how many days could you really stay gone (or pay for LOL), and what things you would be most interested in (volcanoes, beaches, surfing, snorkeling, waterfalls, museums, etc).

I personally would recommend Oahu plus the big island for first time to Hawaii, because Pearl Harbor and active lava were my two number one bucket list items. But I’ve also done Maui and Kauai and you really can’t go wrong—except not staying long enough! LOL

Personally, for me, unless this is once in a Lifetime Trip to Hawaii, I would stay at least 10 days if I am flying across an ocean for a long flight, and I wouldn't Island Hop.

As already mentioned, I think you need to list more criteria to get better answers / guidance.

Great3

I did tons of research before our Hawaii trip in 2019 and we ended up doing 5 nights on Oahu and 5 nights in Maui. I thought it was the perfect way to enjoy two islands. We had lots of amazing food and saw so many great beaches, sights, etc. We are planning on going back next year (June 2024) to celebrate my son's college graduation and my daughter's high school graduation. We are going to do the same thing - 5 nights in Maui and 5 nights at Aulani, though we are staying at Ka'anapali area on Maui this time rather than Wailea.
If you want, feel free to peruse the trip report I did from that trip and had posted here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/1...r-blowout-finally-updated-06-30-2020.3753531/
There are some great food location suggestions and other recommendations in there that you may find useful (or not.)

One of these days we will venture out to the Big Island and Kauai, but we thoroughly enjoyed Oahu and Maui so much we wanted to do them again. We let the kids choose - and that is what they wanted. :)

We took our first trip to Hawaii in Summer 2022. Here's how we planned our trip, hope it helps! Spent one week on Maui: Haleakala Sunrise, Road to Hana, Ziplining, Snorkeling to Molokini crater, Ioa needle, Waihee ridge trail hike, and visited beaches. We stayed in Wailea area (beautiful, dry and sunny) which is filled with condos and resorts.

Then we flew to Oahu and stayed 3 nights in Waikiki beach and did Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head and Koko crater hike. Spent last 3 days/2 nights at Aulani and wished we had one more night there! We walked to Paradise Cove Luau from Aulani.

It was an action packed, super fun trip. We usually did activities in morning and then relaxed by pool/beach in afternoon. This year we are going to Kauai for 8 days: Napali coast, Waimea canyon hiking, snorkeling/sea caves on catamaran off Napali coast, bike along the coast, and then spending 2 days at Aulani before going home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter