Planning our November 2012 Disney World Wedding - Photos added!

awww such a cute story!

Loving your plans so far, those pirate ships are so unique!

Thanks so much :)
I actually got the idea from Etsy but the price was too high so I decided to make my own instead and save a ton that way. I think with all the things I needed to make it they came out to $2 a boutonniere. Much better than $45 a boutonniere! :thumbsup2

I will be commencing Operation Find a Dress starting tomorrow at 10:30am. I'm actually super excited about dress shopping again. Although I am still a bit bummed about my first choice, I'm sure I'll find something I'll like better.

I have two appointments for tomorrow and two more for Thursday. So we'll see what happens!popcorn::

Congratulations on your wedding! May you have happy and magic life like in a fairy tale. Hope we will soon see some more pictures.

After much trying on I finally found my dress!! Yay!! I would post pictures but don't want the honey to see it till wedding day so it's going to be a surprise for everyone!

So happy! :lovestruc

We finally received our LoA yay!!!

We just printed it out and signed away our souls to Disney. Off to the mailbox with it in the morning :cloud9:

I found these (potholders only) at our Disney store in town. Isn't it just too adorable?? I'm going to embroider our names and the wedding date on them as gifts for the guests.

cinderella.jpg

We just received an email from Disney saying they received our contract and deposit! (That was super quick!)

They sent some planning session FAQ and said we should be assigned a planner over the next couple of weeks :)

Kinda funny, I was actually at Disneyland exiting from the Muppet 3D movie :3dglasses when I get a call from my coordinator. We discussed things about the wedding pavilion construction and I definitely feel a little better about it, but we'll have to see what actually happens in the months to come. She also let me know that our planner will be assigned next week, yay! :woohoo: Can't wait to start the fun stuff of planning!

We finally received our wedding planner!! Yay! No more waiting around we can finally do the fun stuff! :banana:

Diane will be our planner, has anyone had her for their wedding planning?

I've had a few e-mails between me and Disney regarding wedding cakes and menus. I feel kinda bad because I asked if I could substitute things out of the menu and they said yes...so I substituted pretty much everything on the menu hahaha! We'll see how it goes because she said she would have to send it to the chef for pricing.
We did the same thing for our wedding cake. They sent a slide of some of their cakes, I hate to say it but I was underwhelmed by how they looked. There were a couple that were pretty but a lot that were...well...not my taste. So I e-mailed them a photo of the cake I was looking for and just waiting to hear back from them for pricing.

Yay I love planning! :woohoo:

I've been looking through the Disney cakes too... and I really don't like any of them as well. We just sent in our contract for a December 7, 2012 wedding. Let me know if they let you design your own cake.

I've been looking through the Disney cakes too... and I really don't like any of them as well. We just sent in our contract for a December 7, 2012 wedding. Let me know if they let you design your own cake.

I will definitely let you know. They have yet to get back to me about it though. So I emailed her again today letting her know it's been over a week and still haven't heard anything about cake pricing.

I did hear back from her today about the menu I requested.

PRE-RECEPTION

- Brie and Strawberry Crostini drizzled with Balsamic Honey Syrup
- Bacon wrapped Scallops
- Beef skewers with Teriyaki
$28.50++ per person

DINNER BUFFET

- Build Your Own Salad Station:
Medley of Greens with Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Roasted Peppers, Carrots, Olives, Cheddar Cheese, Shredded Hard Boiled Eggs, Bacon, Roasted Croutons
- Seasonal Baby Vegetable Medley
- Olive Oil Grilled Vegetables
- Crab topped Mahi Mahi with a Light Curry Sauce
- Roasted Chicken with Applewood Bacon in Apple and Cabernet Reduction
- Smashed Potatoes with toppings on side (Green Onions, Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Sour Cream)
- Martini Action Station Creamy Parmesan and Champagne Risotto topped with Crab Gremolata
- New York Strip Steak with Merlot and Black Pepper Reduction
- Focaccia, Ciabatta, and Baguettes with Olive Oil and Butter
- White and Dark Chocolate Fondues with Berries, Pineapple, Bananas, Angel Food Cake, Pretzels, Graham Crackers, and Marshmallows
- Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding with Pina Colada Sauce
- Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, and Selection of Hot Teas
$92.00++ per person

I did email her back about it because I had noticed something. We had chosen The Glass Coach Buffet option that came with a cocktail hour for $115 per person. But, if you add up our menu the price comes out to $120.50 per person. It's not a huge deal but I would like to know why it's not the same price. I understand we substituted things out but only for the same type of option just cooked a different way and we even took out an option completely from the menu. :confused3

I just received an email from her confirming my menu prices. The reasoning was that they were guaranteeing my price for November 2012 and the price in the sample menus they sent were only guaranteed through September 2012...hmm...

Guess what I got in the mail today! Our annual passes vouchers! Yay! :cool1:

I know it's been forever since an update. Been super busy between the holidays and visiting family and moving to our new place!

I will finally be getting back on track here in a bit, now that some of the unpacking is done and I found my wedding craft boxes. DIY projects will be coming up soon :)

So I'm back on the planning track now that we are settling into our new place and have been working on invitations. Also found out that the cake I wanted will be way out of our price range :sad1: so I have to go back to the drawing board of cake searching. Super sad about it, but we're working on a plan to have my uncle (who use to be a baker) make a version of it for my bridal shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter