• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning requirements

DisneyZB

When I win the lottery, I'm moving to Disney.
Doing my first trip to Seaworld this year and I was wondering what kind of pre planning is needed. What are the important things I need to sort out in advance?

Thanks! 😊

We look at what the park hours are, as it's such a great park and we usually stay from opening to close. If it's Christmas time or Summer, we make sure to go on a day when they have the special Christmas shows and summer shows because those are so good too and the park is usually open for extended hours then. So number 1 is we pick the day we want to go. I've never been to the Seven Seas festival, but we'll be going on a Seven Seas festival day in March.

Number 2 is that we decide what we want to do for food. Do we want to do the special "Dine with Shamu Experience". If so we book both that and our park tickets. The other fancier restaurant that isn't on the meal plan is the Shark Underwater Grill. If not doing either of those, we then ask do we want to do the "Meal Deal" that usually save us money if eating both lunch and dinner in the parks and not doing special dining. Then we go online and buy our tickets because you get some savings for buying tickets in advance. There are often combo deals for tickets and meals too that save some dollars.

Number 3 when we arrive we pick up a show schedule and plan to hit three shows or so, getting there if it's a busy time of year, close to a 1/2 hour ahead of time of the show to get a good seat. Other than that we just love wandering around and doing whatever we want to do (so much less planning and so much more relaxing than Disney or Universal). One other tip if going to the Wild Artic area, go anytime except right after a Shamu show lets out (it's always packed right after a Shamu show, but very manageable at any other time). Coaster lines are shortest at opening and in the evening, but often aren't bad at any time. We usually hit one of those first thing before our first show.

Enjoy. We love SeaWorld and think it's the best theme park in all of Orlando for a multigenerational group to enjoy together. I hope you really enjoy your day there!

We look at what the park hours are, as it's such a great park and we usually stay from opening to close. If it's Christmas time or Summer, we make sure to go on a day when they have the special Christmas shows and summer shows because those are so good too and the park is usually open for extended hours then. So number 1 is we pick the day we want to go. I've never been to the Seven Seas festival, but we'll be going on a Seven Seas festival day in March.

Number 2 is that we decide what we want to do for food. Do we want to do the special "Dine with Shamu Experience". If so we book both that and our park tickets. The other fancier restaurant that isn't on the meal plan is the Shark Underwater Grill. If not doing either of those, we then ask do we want to do the "Meal Deal" that usually save us money if eating both lunch and dinner in the parks and not doing special dining. Then we go online and buy our tickets because you get some savings for buying tickets in advance. There are often combo deals for tickets and meals too that save some dollars.

Number 3 when we arrive we pick up a show schedule and plan to hit three shows or so, getting there if it's a busy time of year, close to a 1/2 hour ahead of time of the show to get a good seat. Other than that we just love wandering around and doing whatever we want to do (so much less planning and so much more relaxing than Disney or Universal). One other tip if going to the Wild Artic area, go anytime except right after a Shamu show lets out (it's always packed right after a Shamu show, but very manageable at any other time). Coaster lines are shortest at opening and in the evening, but often aren't bad at any time. We usually hit one of those first thing before our first show.

Enjoy. We love SeaWorld and think it's the best theme park in all of Orlando for a multigenerational group to enjoy together. I hope you really enjoy your day there!
Thanks, Kathy884 for the great breakdown. That gives me something to work with. I’m used to planning Disney trips but we’re really looking forward to going to a new park. A more relaxing experience is really welcomed. 😄

I will add to have a plan for Infinity Falls. You may get barely wetted or you may get somewhat drenched. It is a neat raft ride with some unique elements, totally worth a ride! But be sure as you are okay being wet for a while, or you have a change of clothes as a backup.

We also enjoy SW always take a day there during a Disney trip. At the same time you purchase park tickets can also pay for parking on the website in advance regular or preferred and if you need a wheelchair can book that as well. We just went in Nov and you used to be able to book Sharks Underwater Grill in advance on the website. We figured when we did not see that option they were not doing that anymore so went around 4 or 4:30 pm and they could take us but there was a wait can’t remember if it was 30 min or an hour and said at park opening you have to go there and make the reservation we were lucky there was an opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter